chapter 1

it was officially the end of summer break, and the new school year was about to begin. haechan carelessly walked into school, knowing nobody would care about his actions since he doesn't hang out with anyone there. some people would think it's sad, but haechan actually didnt mind this. he liked that he could just do whatever he pleases and nobody would care, he liked that there was no one there to have expectations of him and nobody there to be disappointed in him. he entered the classroom for the first class, sat down and opened his books. suddenly, he heard a knocking sound. he looked around and all students were already present, but he didnt think much of it since it was probably just another teacher looking for their stuff they forgot from their last class. haechan laid his head on the desk and started fidgeting around with his pencil, until he heard someone open the door

"sorry for being late, can i come in?"

haechan turned his head's direction to the door almost immediately after. to his surprise, it wasnt a teacher. in front of him stood a completely new face whom he has never seen before. usually he didn't care if there was a new student, but this time it was different. he wouldn't say it felt like "love at first sight".. he doesn't believe in anything like that. but rather the boy standing in front of him definitely grabbed his attention and sparked an interest. he was tall but not super tall, seemed like he was around the same height as haechan. he had this delicate and innocent look to him and had longer hair than most male students at the school, it was dyed too. it couldnt help but make haechan wonder "is he gonna be okay like this? is it even okay to dye your hair to school?"

"oh hello there, yes of course you can come in. you must be h-"

"huang renjun, yes thank you. could i sit down?"

the teacher looked at him quite confused, "aren't you going to introduce yourself?"

ah.. right.. renjun completely forgot he needed to introduce himself to his new class. he actually hoped he didn't have to do it since he didn't want too much attention on himself, but unfortunately he couldn't just refuse.

"um hello yes im huang renjun, im a new student in this school and from now on you can know me as your classmate, i hope we can get along well"

he was way more awkward than he expected.

on the other hand, haechan thought his new classmate was cute. "what was that?" he thought to himself letting out a slight giggle. thinking back, haechans first introduction was way worse. maybe thats why he had no friends.

renjun embarrassingly walked around the classroom to find a seat and sat down when he found the only empty one. not even a minute after sitting down he felt someone tapping his shoulder from behind.

"what was that introduction? ..renjun-ah my name is haechan, friends?"

"what" is all renjun could think to himself. first of, he didnt want any friends. he really thought it would be a waste of time, especially when he needs to focus on studying. second of all, whats with the informal language? "hell, does he even know my age?"

"uh.. hello.. sorry but i dont think we know each other? and we're definitely not close. whats with the informal language..? i could be older than you, you know."

"just wanted to tease you" haechan replied giggling like he just did something absolutely hilarious

"this loser definitely doesnt have friends.." renjun muttered under his nose.