chapter 2

day two of school seemed to be a bit more peaceful. or so renjun thought. 20 minutes into the lesson he gets lightly flicked in the back of his head.

"what are you even doing.."

"hi" haechan giggles.

"you're annoying me. please stop."

"but you're cute when you're mad?"

what the hell. renjun just couldn't believe it. he's met some annoying people before but none of them were on the same level as haechan was. renjun wasn't even the type to get pissed nor be mean to a person he didn't like but he genuinely could not take haechans stupid humor. it was driving him insane, if he had to bother him couldnt he at least do it during break time or something? why does he have to keep messing with renjun when he was trying to focus on the class?

"okay honestly. what can i do to make you stop bothering me."

"be my friend"

haechan usually never bothered to make friends. he really couldnt care less about having friendships but ever since he saw renjun it was different. he could tell they're polar opposites but the universe and his heart were telling him that he and renjun would make great friends so he followed his instinct. besides, teasing renjun really gave haechan a lot of comfort.

"okay." renjun sighed.

haechan went from laughing to suddenly looking confused and slightly shocked, did he just say okay?

"as long as you remember i dont like you and i dont actually want to be friends with you then i think i can manage to spend some time with you. in the end that's what you want right? not me to be your friend, but to have someone to spend time with, anyone"

actually it was the complete opposite. he didn't want to have any friends unless it was him. but the atmosphere was already awkward enough so haechan just remained silent.

"okay then, now that's settled i hope u stop bothering me in class"

shortly after, the school bell rang and renjun realized it was already break time which meant.. spending time with one who shall not be named.

"guess u didnt get rid of me for very long huh?" haechan giggled.

"break time is 20 minutes long, after that u'll stop bothering me again so it's not necessarily that bad."

renjun stood up and started walking to the classroom door, in attempt to leave the room and go buy some food.

"where are you going?" haechan yelled to him.

"snacks." renjun answered.

"im going with you!" haechan said and ran to him.

the two arrived at the vending machine and started looking at what was available. renjun has obviously already picked what he wanted to buy but haechan was standing in the way. after some time haechan looked at renjun and realized he was waiting for him to get out of the way so he apologized and took a few steps back. renjun proceeded to insert the coins into the machine and waited for the strawberries to drop down so he can pick them up. after he got them out he didnt hesitate to open them right away and start eating them.

"are those actually good?" haechan asked.

"yeah.. very" renjun replied.

"can i have one?"

"...."

the silence was very loud. renjun would feel too mean to say no but at the same time he didn't really want to share them as childish as it may sound. haechan could tell renjun wanted to say no but still proceeds to steal one.