chapter 5

"why did i agree to this" renjun complained.

"its gonna be fun, trust me"

renjun wasn't completely convinced but since this is what made haechan happy, he was fine with it. anything that made haechan happy, also made renjun happy. it was like they shared one happiness.

the concert started at exactly the time it was scheduled to start which definitely made renjun glad. it was also at early noon rather than the usual evening which definitely made things a lot better. to his surprise, he knew most of the songs the girl group was singing before his eyes. he also had to admit he liked most of them and slightly danced along to the beat.

"look!! look at joy!!" haechan screamed.

"you're pointing at me though?" renjun replied in confusion.

"you!! youre my joy!! my joy is right next to me!!"

my god, haechan was corny. but renjun was so whipped he found everything he did adorable. he didn't stop himself from smiling which made haechan smile back.

the concert ended and haechan felt like he never had this much fun in his life. as fun as it was, he was quite upset since this meant he'd have to go home and that meant he wouldn't see renjun again until the next day at school. for an average person that would seem fine, but haechan hated being away from renjun for even 5 minutes. deep down, renjun felt the exact same way.

"its late, do you want to come over to my house? its closer than yours and we could play with my cat" the question was asked out of pure impulse but sometimes renjun was glad his thoughts took over him.

haechan happily agreed which led them to a relaxing walk to renjuns house.

"we're here."

"your house is so nice"

renjun smiled.

"take off your shoes and we can sit down on the sofa, just let me feed this little monster first"

haechan adored cats. he was allergic to them but he'd do absolutely anything to own a cat.

"can i feed him a bit too?" haechan asked.

"from the hand or..?"

"yes."

renjun gave haechan a little cat treat for him to give to the kitten. the cat walked over to haechan and took the treat and licked his hand which made haechan smile.

"your cat is so cute renjun"

"he really is"

the two giggled while taking care of the cat together, they truly were inseparable.

evening came quite swiftly. both haechan and renjun became sleepy quite fast. they sat down on the sofa and turned on their favorite drama as it turned out they have the same taste in tv shows. the mood was definitely different from usual. everything felt unreal. their eyes met again, just like at school. the stare was way more intense this time, both of their eyes twinkling like they were made up of tiny stars. haechan started moving closer which startled renjun.

"can i kiss you?"

renjun never thought he'd hear those words coming out of haechans mouth. he didnt think haechan even considered him as anything but a friend, but he didnt have time to think about all of that. he knew his answer so he gave it right away.

"yes. please do."

haechan slowly approached renjuns face but the attempt to kiss him resulted in him bursting out laughing

"sorry.. im awkward since its my first time"

giggles filled up the room until eventually renjun suddenly pulled haechan close and kissed him. the kiss was so soft and gentle, just like their relationship. to them, even these small kisses were enough. they didnt feel like they needed to full on make out to feel how in love they are. renjun slowly pulled away from the small kiss and kissed haechans nose.

"youre so cute" "isnt that what you always say to me, haechan?"

both of them giggle and blush at each other without end. if anyone else was in the room they would've thrown up by now from how sweet these interactions were.

haechan grabs renjuns hand and tucks his hair behind his ear.

"does that hair not bother you?" haechan asked

"not really" renjun replied.

"could i.. add something to the kiss? you know.. its too awkward for me to say it" haechan added

"do we even know how to kiss like that?" renjun laughed.

haechan didnt know the answer to that. but either way he went for it. he slowly kissed renjun and pulled him closer. the kiss felt dreamy.

"it tastes like strawberries" renjun giggled.

"you must really love strawberries, huh?" haechan laughed.

renjun laid down on haechans lap and cuddled into him which ended with haechan petting and playing with renjuns hair. just as renjun was about to comfortably fall asleep, he asked.

"will you be my boyfriend?"