Chapter 19

3rd person POV:

It was an annual tradition for Tony to host the Avengers Christmas party on December 16th every year. The date remained a constant, and it became something for each of them to look forward to in contribution to the celebratory holiday. For most members, the day was a time to reflect and rejoice for the past year's successes, but for Tony, it was a day of memorial. The fateful day his parents were taken from him was one which could not be easily forgotten, yet over time, the man had begun to forgive Bucky for his actions which affected him as the Winter Soldier. Sure, their relationship was not rock-solid, yet there was an unspoken bond that held the pair together in their unlikely friendship.

After just over 3 weeks of becoming official, Bucky and Lea were sure they had never felt happier. A relationship was a new and exciting chapter of their lives which brought both of them much joy. Each and every day the duo would spend their time together, with a new activity to bond over. A personal favourite of Lea's in regards to the time of year was to binge-watch Christmas movies, as Bucky had missed out on several in his time being defrosted and microwaved.

Lea woke very late on Sunday morning with a small stream of sunlight entering through her window hitting her face. She rolled over sleepily to look out at the cityscape, seeing delicate flakes of snow drifting through the air like lace. She smiled at the prospect of a white Christmas, having never experienced one herself. With the evening's party in mind, Lea went for a run to clear her head for the day, something she learned from her own dad. But as much as Lea missed her mum and dad, parents were hard to come by in the compound, which made her feel a little bit better about her own situation.

After getting back, the girl went straight to Bucky's room. She crept silently into the room where the super soldier could be heard snoring considerably loudly. A wicked grin crept onto Lea's face. She leaped onto the bed with limbs sprawled, hoping to catch her boyfriend in shock. However, what she didn't realize was that he had already been awake for more than an hour, anticipating the arrival of Lea. In return, he jumped right back at her, causing the poor girl to scream in fright. They both collapsed onto his bed in fits of giggles, before pulling each other in for a warm embrace.

"Morning, doll," said Bucky sheepishly, trying to keep his laughter at bay.

"You asshat!" Lea shrieked, throwing a pillow at the man, which backfired as it only bounced off of him, causing them to burst into laughter for a second time. After their 15 minutes of reoccurring laughter, the pair traveled downstairs to continue with the day's plans. Lea went off to find Nat and Wanda, hoping that they could get dressed as a trio.

She found them in the gym, both sparring in the middle of the room. They both stopped when they saw their friend, and ran toward her before wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Oh my god, it feels like it's been FOREVER!" Wanda exclaimed. the others nodded in response. The trio chatted for some moments before Lea remembered her original purpose for finding her friends. She brought up her idea of all getting ready together, to which the others squealed in delight, agreeing enthusiastically. Soon enough, the Aussie had dragged the two girls out of the gym and into the living room so they could discuss their plans over lunch.

6 hours later:

The girls had been prepping for the past hour and a half. With hair washed and blowdried, they got to work with makeup. Wanda chose to wear a clean look, complete with a slick of red lipstick to match her dress. Her hair was loosely curled and hung in elegant ringlets down her back. The dress was long and swept the floor with its trail, which she paired with a glossy red clutch to match. Nat, on the other hand, was sporting a bold look, with a dramatic Smokey eye and black gown to compliment it. Lea, chose a mixture of the two, with a long emerald green dress which hugged her curves and draped her frame in a way which accentuated the curves of her hips. The dress licked the floor with its silk hem and hung loose with an open back, revealing the definition of her muscles. She wore a thin layer of makeup, enough to make her appear flawless yet allowing the natural beauty of her features to shine through, complimented with a crisp maroon lip ti match. Her hair hung in it's natural curls down her back, swaying in the breeze which drifted through the window on the other side of the room.