Chapter 28: Don't Tell Kion!

Rani, Risa, Alinta, and Liv woke up before the males. They walked off a ways.

When they arrived, Rani threw up. "Rani are you ok?" Risa asked. Rani didn't answer. She was wobbling. She looked sick. Really sick. Rani gritted her teeth. "Rani, you need to go to Janna, now!" Alinta ordered. They took Rani inside the tree.

"Janna, we think Rani is sick," Risa said. "Bring her here," Janna instructed. They set Rani on the rock. Rani looked weak. Janna felt her stomach. "Just what I expected." "What?" Alinta asked. "Rani, your pregnant," Janna said. Rani no longer felt sick, "What! No, this is bad, this is really bad!" "Why?" Liv asked. "Kion said he wasn't ready for cubs!" Rani shouted. "But he was ready enough to mate you," Liv mocked. "Stop! Kion might leave me! Or, kill the cubs! We CANT tell him, understand!" Rani growled. "Ok Rani," Risa nodded. They walked out.

"Rani, you should be happy," Liv said. "I am, but Kion told me he wasn't ready for cubs," Rani explained. "THEN WHY THE HECK DID HE MATE YOU! Doesn't he understand, mating makes cubs!" Liv shouted. "Yeah, I don't think he thought that through, I think he just wanted some fun," Rani laughed. "No, he didn't think this through," Liv replied. "Just, please. We need to keep this a secret. Untill I give birth," Rani said. "Girl what is wrong with you! If you tell Kion right when you are giving birth, he'll be mad at you. I have an idea," Risa shouted! "Let's let him figure it out, and if he doesn't, tell him a month before giving birth." "That is genius Risa!" Rani shouted. Risa smiled. They walked back to the males, and Verity.

The males had all woken up. "Where were you guys?" Kion asked. Rani thought of the first thing that came to mind, "PANDA BEAR!" "What?" Kion gave a weird face and chuckled. "She ment, we helped some panda bears clear rocks out of their caves," Alinta said. Rani lipped, "Thank you," to Alinta. Alinta nodded. "Oh ok, well what should we do?" Kion asked. "How about jump down that ridge again?" Lux suggested. "NO!" The lionesses shouted. If Rani jumped off that, or even climbed it, she would kill the cubs. "Why?" Jax asked. "Um, uh, because I'm scared. Thanks for making me feel better," Rani scoffed. "But when we went on it, you said it was the best thing you've ever done?" Kion raised an eyebrow. Rani gave a shocked expression, "Yes, I did say that." It was getting hard to keep the pregnancy a secret. "What's going on?" Kion asked. Rani looked at Liv. "Ok, the truth is....I have a broken paw," Rani nodded, pursing her lips together. "So, which leg, the invisible one?" Kion raised an eyebrow. "Yes, that one," Rani chuckled. "Rani why are you lying?" Kion asked. "Fine," Rani sighed, "I'm blind!" "Rani, your talking nonsense," Lux said. Rani looked at Alinta. "Sorry, she ate a weird berry, and now she can't think straight," Alinta lied. "Oh, that makes a lot of sense," Kion nodded. "It wouldn't be good for her to jump off the ridge with that berry in her system, it could spread, and possibly kill her," Alinta explained. "Oh, I guess your right. What is the best way to get rid of that?" Kion asked. "A soak in the hotsprings," Alinta smiled. "To the hotsprings!" Cyrus shouted. Liv and Lux picked up Verity and Atif. "Sorry guys, Kion is pretty smart, it's getting really hard to keep this in," Rani apologized, "Thanks for your help." "Anytime sister," Risa replied.

They arrived at the hotsprings. Rani walked in. "Ahh this feels nice," She closed her eye's. Kion also went in. "Mom can we go in?" Atif asked. "No, it will burn you, your fur and skin haven't been able to make themselves withstand heat," Liv explained. They sighed. Everyone walked in, except Lux. "Who wants to play!" Lux asked. "We do!" They shouted in unison. They started running around the hotspring. Atif slipped, and almost fell in, but Kion's dad instinct kicked in, and he grabbed Atif before he could touch that water. Kion stood up, and set Atif on the ground. "Woah Kion, that was awesome!" Jax shouted. "How did you react that fast?" Rani asked. "I have no idea," Kion replied. Suddenly, he was being hugged, by Liv. "You saved my cub! How can I repay you?" She asked. "No need," Kion smiled, "Knowing that he is alive is good enough." "Rani, you have a good mate," Liv said. "I know," Rani kissed him.