chapter 4-peace keeping mission in kenya

I looked at my watch.it was quarter to five in the morning.when the jet turned and made me look to the east,i saw the slight lightening of the sky. The jet was now making its last circuit,coming in to land.The flight from the desert had taken no more than an hour with this modern long range military jet.until three o'clock the previous night.I had been at a party where i had enjoyed myself tremendously. Soldiers can be full of life ,so joyful,at the last hours before their depature from their for battlefield. I had danced with pretty women in the desert.Dr richard, the boss of NISA had left a day before for a trip to South Africa.As the jet came down,i tried to relieve the party in my mind.i came down to earth as the jet landed somewhere in central Africa. From there i was going to be  flown to another destination.Then i would begin a very rough journey down a river,a distance of 1111 miles. My nose was greeted by the chilly air of the dawn that bit into my eyes and fingers.The pilot helped with my briefcase to a taxi where someone was already waiting for me.The taxi ,a Mercedes Benz,pulled away as soon as i had got in.The pilot had been somewhat impersonal.we hardly talked together.But i felt that he was a good man.The taxi driver drove as first as he could so that i could not miss meeting Mr Michael who was my army boss from kenya.At last we came to the gate of the lodge of a large game park the hotel was owned by mr michael ,it was a top class hotel.I got of the taxi and two men came,one of the men took my briefcase from the taxi's boot.I was directed into a room where i met a woman ,"silvia is my name and i am the Secretary to Mr michael."The woman said.I said,"I am kalala and nice meeting you."The woman directed me to a room down stairs where i found my boss mr michael and he said,"welcome my boy i have been waiting for you sit down my boy."He liked  calling me my boy because  in the kenyan army i was his best solider and there was a time i saved his life from the  alshabab in Garisa kenya.He said ,"The reason i called you here my boy is that we want to join with the army of congo and together we are going to conquer the alshabab and chase them away from kenya.i want our country kenya to remain at peace.NISA where you currently work  has also said they will sent some men to come and help us.But for now my boy go and rest you will be shown your room."Silvia took me to a room that was next to hers upstairs.That night i slept well because silvia was right beside me.Silvia asked ,"And where are you from which country?"I said to her ,"Guess which."she said,"wait a minute ... you must ...you look like  i think you are from malawi,if not ,Kenya."
"I am a kenyan."she said,"i would like to come to kenya one day.i am told it is such a beautiful country."
"I will take you to kenya after we are done with our peace keeping mission in kenya "silvia was beautiful and i thought of marrying her after the mission.The next day the boss called me he said to me,"After you have taken  your break fast we are going to meet with the commander in chief of the army of congo who is the  president of the republic of congo so that we can arrange for the mission."After taking my breakfast i wore my army attire and to went to meet with michael at the car packing.we boarded an army jeep to state house in congo.On arriving we met the president waiting for us.we entered into a room where we met with major generals of the army of congo.we started the meeting and discussed on the mission.l and some other nine soldires were to walk 1111 miles down a river so that we could reach to the base where the alshabab were hidding in the kenya somalia border  but michael suggested that we should get a flight near because walking would take a lot of time.They agreed and we were to be given a flight.The day came,that morning a chopper from NISA had landed a few kilometres from the lodge, that was the chopper that was supposed to take me.  Michael was to take another chopper which would take another route.I said bye to Silvia and entered into a jeep wich took me where the chopper was.The nine other soldires that we were supposed to go  with were my friends from NISA.It took only eight hours for us to reach in a forest where we were left.According to the map that we had,the alshabab base was at the centre of the forest so we had a plan.Our plan was that we surround the base and attack.luckily michael and other twenty men arrived and we attacked the base.we went shooting on every body we got even if it was a child or a woman.The alshabab were many and they kept coming.But luckily the air force of the republic of congo came with their jet fighters.Michael ordered as to move far from the base and the base was boomed. As we were moving michael and my two other friends were shot dead.We quickly carried their bodies and boarded the choppers that were waiting for us.It was rely painful  to loose  my bossbut as soldiers we understood that in a war you can only come out dead or alive.Michael's body was buried in congo for he had a family in congo .After michaels burial Silvia and i flew back  to kenya.Kenya was at peace and i was promoted and became the major general of the kenyan army.In my speech that day i said,"We should remember our three soldiers who died in the war.I know you do not know because they are not from this country but michael who was from kenya was among them and he was the one  who initiated the plan of saving kenya.you should be grateful to him though he is dead and you should also thank the government of congo for their President rely helped us .Be  grateful to NISA whom they also helped. Thank you and let us continue living in peace and in harmony."From that day kenya became a peaceful country.

         MR KALALA THE  MAJOR GENERAL OF THE KENYAN ARMY