Dabi x Reader

Make sure to check out the playlist that inspired this at the top! Leave a comment and like for them too!<3
Enjoy ☆

You don’t remember when or how you ended up all alone in the dark alleyway. The last thing you remembered before walking up was the built up stress and frustration that caused you to run out of your home into the pouring rain. 

The sounds of their raised voices causing you to bolt towards the door as you ran down the front door steps as the soles of your shoes splashed against the water. Their pleads a mixture of frustration and worry, but clearly not enough worry for someone to actually chase after you. 

You were too lost in the moment to have even thought about grabbing a jacket before leaving. 

Now here you were, trembling as the cold winds bit at your skin, mocking you for your foolishness. How long had it been? Three hours? Maybe five? Not that it even mattered that much anyway, you needed the fresh air afterall. If you were lucky maybe you could find a place to warm up without bumping into anyone. 

You silently prayed in your mind your gratitude that no creepy a::whole had found you while you were asleep. 

As you stood up, walking underneath the flickering lights, your worry began to set in, you’d never even seen this side of town. Just how far did you wander off? 

Standing still as you took in your surroundings, a soft blow of warm air hit your legs. And you began to follow after it, seeking the warmth you very much needed. 

Dabi had been sitting inside the league of villains' hideout waiting for the storm to pass by. It sure had caught him by surprise as he had been outside previously until Kurogiri prompted him to come inside so he won’t be drenched. 

He twirled the drink in his glass, watching the reflection of his own turquoise eyes staring right back at him. He always found something that would come his way and ruin his day no matter the time. 

“Kurogiri,” Dabi called, turning over to look at him, focusing on his misty form. 

Kurogiri only nodded, humming as he dried the glass cups with a cloth. 

“Don’t you ever feel like there is always something poking at the back of your head, no matter how much you try to hide it?” He didn’t know why he even asked, maybe it was because he was a little under the influence. Maybe he just needed an outlet. 

“Of course,” Silence followed after he spoke up again, “maybe that’s the reason why we’re ‘villains’ after all.”

That’s right, ‘villains’, looked down upon by the public but just as equally feared. Sure, revenge was a restless dream to him, but it was there for a reason. But was it his motivation, rage, blinded anger? Or his want to deliver his own sense of justice, no matter how evil the citizens took him for. He could care less if there were lives lost on the way, they weren’t his target in the end. 

Dabi didn’t bother to continue the conversation, grabbing his jacket before storming off, too lost in his own thoughts. “Evil bastard,” he cursed, watching as the fog from his breath dispersed into the air before him. He gave less of a damn about all of the things that have gone wrong recently, shaking his head as he remembered how Shigiraki threatened to kick him out if he wasn’t being more honest to the team. 

So why was he thinking so hard about everything? The way his hands curled into fists by his sides, his breath picking up as he kicked the dirty old cans around the building out of his way. He didn’t have any particular idea where he was heading but that didn’t stop him from continuing his walk.