Chapter 4- School of Fear

Alex's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. I stirred in my bed. Then somehow, I put together enough strength to reach across and shut my alarm off. Ugh, today was monday. The worst day of the week. Even better, I have those kids that I saw last night. I'm so screwed.

"Come on Alex, you're gonna be late for school!" My mom calls from downstairs.

" Ok I'll be right down mom!" I yell back.

Great, just great. Even though my body denied any type of movement, I got out of the bed and got dressed. I put on a plain blue shirt, with jean shorts. I grab a pair of socks and headed to the bathroom. I brushed out my flat blond hair and brushed my teeth. After I checked myself in the mirror for the hundredth time, I headed down the stairs into the kitchen where my mom had breakfast ready.

"Good morning sweetie, hurry up and eat your breakfast, you're already running late as it is."

I glanced up at the clock. Dammit. She was right. I quickly downed my breakfast and flew out the door. Outside waiting in my driveway was a Ford. My best friend, Macy, was waiting behind the wheel. I jumped into the car, and she backed out the driveway and headed down the street.

" What took you so long, hotshot? I'm totally digging those ripped jeans shorts."

"Sorry, I woke up late, again. And thanks they're new." I lean over and took a sip of Macy's Starbucks.

"Hey! Thats mine. Geez, dont your parents feed you?" Macy grabs her Starbucks out of my hand and set it back down into the cup holder.

" Sorry. I was rushing and didn't get that much breakfest."

Macy and I continue talking about random things on our way to school. When we finally arrived at school, the first bell has already rung. I jump out of Macy's car and ran up the steps to school. When I open the school door, I saw that there was barely anyone in the hallways. I quickly made my way down the halls to my first class. English with Mrs. Nelson.

Now I enjoyed English, but Mrs. Nelson always seem to look for ways to get me in trouble. I opened the door to her classroom, and interrupted whatever she was talking about.

"Glad you could join us Ms. Blue" Mrs. Nelson says as I go to take my seat by the windows.

"Sorry, I wont be late again." I tell her.

"I'm counting on it. Ok class, today we will have a new student in our room. He's not new to the school, but he will be in our class for now." Mrs. Nelson explains.

The teacher goes on saying some more stuff but the new kid, but I wasn't really wasn't paying attention. Well that was until I saw who walked through the classroom door. Jayden freakin Reese. Great, just great. My day couldnt get any worse.

"Welcome to the class, Mr. Reese. How about you go over and take that empty next to Ms.Blue over there by the windows." Mrs. Nelson pointed towards me. My day just got worse.

Jay comes over and sits down next to me. I give him the death glare then, turn my attention to Mrs. Nelson. But that doesn't stop him from talking to me.

"Pssst. Alexis. Hey, stupid I'm talking to you." Jay whispers beside me.

"It's Alex. And be quiet , i'm trying to pay attention, not mess around with a murder." I spitted out at him.

"Look, if we didn't shoot that guy, worse things would have happened, so shut the fuck up. And don't even think about the police. We already have enough troubles on our hands. So stop complaining like a brat."

"Reese, Blue do you have something to share with the class?" Mrs. Nelson was staring at as disapprovingly.

"No." We both muttered.