Mask of Emotion pt 3

Although Mrs. Andrews thought Nelson would be reasoned with words, Yuri reassured her she would put an end to this.

Although Nelson summoned Jet Iron and gave it 8000 attack points.

"Rgh, you may have broken through Mad Max's Curse, but now I'm gonna break you! Jet Iron, attack Number 87:Queen of the Night! Go Iron Phoenix!"

"Not if I activate my trap! Vector Change!" Yuri said as her face down is revealed. "With this, your attacking monster's go into defense mode and your defense mode monsters go into attack mode! Then I activate my second trap, Blossoming Wrath (Fanmade)! By tributing up to two Plant Princess monsters on my field, I can target my strongest monster and it gains a thousand attack points for each one until the end your next battle phase!" Yuri said as Talyla and Tytannial vanished and Queen of the Night gained a power boost at 5200 attack points.

Meanwhile, Nelson's monsters switched their positions.

Just like that, Galaxy Queen had shifted to wearing a regal white gown while her 500 Defense Points became 500 Attack!

"Rgh, impossible! Now I, can't attack!"

Nelson's focus then shifts behind him to whom he was currently acknowledging as his mother, as she forms an expression of defeat and fear while pulling back her scepter...

"Mother!...I have, let you down...R-Rgh, no! This isn't over yet! You're going to lose, Yuri! (Places a card face-down) I end my turn!"

"Then it's my Draw!"

Jamal smiles in anticipation, seeing how everything was laid out now:

"Ha, yes! All Yuri's gotta do is take out Galaxy Queen!"

Tori and Flip was just as excited:

"You can do it, Yuri!"

Meanwhile, Mrs. Andrews held an expression of regret and sadness, the reality of her mistakes fully kicking in...Astral then says to Yuri,

"Actually, there is still a risk factor: If that face-down is a card that counterattacks, he might win...and I might..."

"Hey, I'm feeling that weight too, believe me...Still, this is our one shot to save Nelson from himself..."

"I know..."

"...In that case, will you follow me in blocking out all distractions, serious and otherwise, to reach our goal?"

Red and mismatched gold and white meet, before Astral nods and focuses up front.

"Let us do it."

Yuri smiles a bit, before smirking at Nelson and calling out,

"Hope your ready, Nelson! This ends now! Queen of the Night: Attack Galaxy Queen with Luminescent Petal Strike!"

Her monster brings out their black,  blade which glows white and prepares to attack, just as her opponent makes his own final move.

"Not so fast, Athena: I activate the Trap Card, Star Sparrow Forever!"

"What, a counterattack?"

"This card allows me to bring Star Sparrow out of my graveyard with 0 Attack Points, and like he always does, Sparrow jumps in to protect those being attacked!"

On that note, both ESPer Star Sparrows spread their arms in a protective stance for their queen, shocking Yuri and Astral, and especially Galaxy Queen, as Queen of the Night continues her trajectory to cut down on that monster instead, destroying him while the actor is thrown back hard in an outcry, his Life Points skydiving to zero! Mrs. Andrews watched with wide eyes as her son barreled backwards:

"Nelson, no!"

With the duel done, Yuri is declared winner, much to her friend's delights:

"Alright, Yuri!" "Way'da go!"

She meanwhile, removed her duel gazer with a bewildered expression directed towards how it all ended.

"...He, didn't use a Trap that would hurt me."

"Summoning Star Sparrow with no attack points? Why would he do something so pointless?" Astral wondered.

"It wasn't. Not to him.......He didn't care if he won or lost. He was protecting his mother." Yuri said with a soft expression.

This time as Astral retrieved Galaxy Queen, Yuri had Queen of the Night talk with her.

"I can tell you became fond of the boy but you can't replace his real family. Kids need humans to nurture them. Though I can tell you wanted to help him because you were lonely too, right?" Yuri said as Galaxy Queen's look softened.

"It's okay. You're not alone anymore. We can be friends." Queen of the Night smiled as Galaxy Queen smiled back.

And as soon as Astral took hold of Galaxy Queen...

"Uh! This, memory is..."

"Finally, some good's gonna happen for those two."

He snaps away from his revived piece of memory to the sound of Athena's voice, and they watch as Mrs. Andrews approaches Nelson's form up on the throne platform to gently wake him.

"Nelson..."

Her fingertips touch his cheek, stirring him awake dazed and confused:

"Mmm...M-Mom?"

The boy sits up and mutters with a somewhat rattled tone,

"I dunno what happened to me..."

His mother replies sadly,

"Don't worry. It, it...it's over now. (Looks away) Nelson, I'm sorry I've been pushing you so hard."

He was thoroughly surprised by the apology and how meek she sounded, which prompted him to reassure her,

"...It's okay."

"I, want you to be you. (Small smile) I really do."

"(Smile) Thanks, mom."

Watching this scene made Yuri think of her own mother back during a much happier time...

'Well, maybe now Nelson could communicate with his mom more.'
----------------
A day later, Astral and Yuri were watching a new episode of the Sparrow as he saved Galaxy Queen who was really his mother.

"Now that's what I call a happy end. What do you think Astral?" Yuri asked.

"Observation Number 10: The bond between a human parent and a human child is strong...very strong."

Her eyes widen slightly, before relaxing into a smile of understanding and nods...There's a pause, before the young female asks,

"So...what did Galaxy Queen, reveal to you?"

"...That memory...I was remembering the moment I was born."

------------
Astral remembers a water-like substance within a galactic space with the according colours mentioned once before in his recollection of his home world, that released a single drop which slowly formed into the being we would know now...

And a message that a wispy female voice ghosted through the atmosphere.

"Your name, is Astral, and you are being entrusted with the future of our world."
-----------------
Plz comment!

Should I have Astral watch some classic Disney movies like Sleeping Beauty or Snow White?