The Number Hunter pt 1

It was supposed to be a normal trip to the shopping mall with Tori, when Yuri heard a commotion.

Someone was holding people hostage on the tenth floor, but Astral can sense what was happening to him.

"Yuri."

"I get it, he has a Number too right? We gotta get to him before things get out of hand. He sounds serious." The girl said.

As she made her way to the top, something happened.

Everything around her apparently froze, like someone hit the pause button.

"What the-?...Wait, do you hear that?" Yuri asked Astral as she heard a high sound.

By that, she was referring to the sound of someone whistling an eerie tune.

Yuri moved to reach the top floor and Astral tensed as they both heard a cry that someone got attacked.

"What the? Is a duel going on?"

"Yes. A number duel."

Yuri hustled to get there, but by that time, she spotted the thug, only.....he was physically different.

He now had the appearance of a old man, and looked spaced out!

"My God...!"

She then heard someone taking off and saw a male on a robotic glider leaving, just as time was resuming.

Yuri looked as the male vanished.

"Astral. It seems there's another Number Hunter around. And this one is ruthless." She said as her alien companion silently agreed.

Unknown to them, the male spotted her still moving.

'That girl...'

He'd have to deal with her later.

-------------------
He then arrives to a building to meet his 'boss'.

"Did you retrieve the Number, Kite?"

The male called Kite responded, "I did."

The figure turns around, revealed to be a man with short dark-aqua hair with lime green bangs styled over part of his forehead, a golden round-stud earring on his right ear, his skin pale complexioned and highlighting his large orange square glasses that had points in the upper corners and a red V making the bridge, the glass showcasing his purple irises, while he wore a blue-green suit, pale yellow shirt, an orange tie with a blue clip, and white shoes.

"That's superb news! And superb news for Heartland City. Your dueling skills will soon bring peace there. So, how many Numbers is it that you have now?" He asked in a cheerful way.

"...Orbital?"

The robot reports,

"A-At last count..."

It projects a grid screen from its eye, and highlights several spaces representing captured Numbers.

"Eleven N-Number Cards are in our possession."

The man's smiles grows slightly:

"Wonderful; so many in such a short time! I knew I picked the right man for the job."

That's when he noticed that the younger male's expression was of the opposite he was feeling.

"...What's wrong, Kite?" He takes a guess to his own question.

"Now now. Don't tell me you're upset about all the souls that you've been capturing? As you well know, when you take a Number, there's no way to avoid taking a bit of that Number Keeper's Life Force too. But what's a few extra gray hairs? After all, everyone ages; we're just speeding up the process...and these Number Keepers have it coming too. They're a villainous lot and should be shown no mercy."

"Just promise me that when all of the Number Cards are ours...my brother will be okay." Kite frowned.

"Of course!" The man said as he places his hands on the Kite's shoulders reassuringly.

"As I've told you time and time again, once all the Numbers have been gathered, your brother will be cured. I assure you of this; you must believe me, Kite. Your brother's well-being means just as much to me as it does to you."

The look in the younger male's eyes said he believed otherwise...but he nonetheless took the man's words into consideration.

"...Okay."

With that, he and his robot Orbital exit the room with the man calling encouragingly,

"Keep up the good work and Happy Number-Hunting, Kite! Remember, the quicker you fetch them, the sooner we can cure your brother!"

...Once Kite was gone, the room darkens and the chair disappears, making room for a large holographic communicator to turn on, showcasing another associate of this man.

"Ah, Doctor Faker."

The new face was also an older male, pale-skinned that had tightening in some regions of his face, light purple eyes, blond hair styled upward in a classic mad scientist manner, and wore a golden earring on his right ear, a black trench-coat with a high collar, a fingerless white leather glove on his right hand, white pants held by a grey belt, and black boots.

"Tell me: What is the latest in our undertaking?"

"Well, the latest is that everything is going just as planned." The man said.

" And what a fine plan it is. What is it they say, 'one man's trash, is another man's treasure'? Well it's true, and with that treasure we will do what we must protect our future, just as I had protected Kite and his brother before." Faker said.

"Yes, quite right, Doctor Faker."

That's when the man in the hologram reveals what he considers amusing.

"Those people of Astral World think they can stop me, by sending an envoy. Oh yes, I know he's here: I knew the minute he arrived...But mark my words, his visit, will be short! I'll send him back to the pathetic little planet he calls home; he'll go back as a broken, beaten soul!" Faker said with a sadistic grin.

"Hm, yes."
-----------------
Some time had passed since the incident at the mall and Yuri was out at the park looking at the lake.

"Whoever that guy is, he means business. That will mean looking for Numbers will be more difficult." Yuri said as Astral looked at the lake with her.

As the wind blew, she then heard it stop suddenly.

Quickly getting up, Yuri knew he was here.

"Aw man." She said as she heard his whistling.

"May I ask why you keep freezing everything?" Yuri asked.

"Time's not really frozen, it's just move one tenth-thousanth of its normal speed." The male said.

"And it's thanks to a special duel field I created!" The bot said.

"Only those with Numbers can move freely in this space. That's how I knew you have a Number." He said.

But before Yuri could get away, the male used a Duel Anchor to keep her in place. Meaning she would have to duel him.

As they both set up their gear, they were set to duel.

---------------
Cliffhanger
Plz comment!