under the influence.

jade's pov:

i stood there at the door as he walked into the house.

the house was big and cluttered but lovely. the amazing artwork all over the house really made it stand out.

he looked back at me from the open kitchen with a chuckle.

"chill...put your bags down. get some chips sit on the couch relax jade" he said throwing me a bag.

"sorry yeah" i smiled shyly.

i placed my bag by the door along with my crocs and walked towards the couch.

"wrong one this one" he ushered.

"sorry" i said nervously as i walked towards the right one.

i took a seat on the same couch as him. not beside him but not away from him.

he had one leg on the coffee table and the other on the ground as he munched on some sour patch kids.

on the tv played sponge bob — his favourite.

he gave the tv his divided attention as he was on his phone but peeped up at the weird noises.

honestly i already wanted to go home. i was invited to chill and i came. we obviously weren't teenagers so i wasn't expecting a whole grand sleep over or whatever but i was expecting some communication and some better food. these chips were gross.

i placed the bag onto the table and played around on my phone.

"you sang something else to eat?".

i shook my head "no i'm fine thank you".

he nodded as he put his phone away before looking at the tv screen.

"how was the journey here?" he asked making small talk.

"good. it was a lovely drive. your driver drives very smoothly".

"he's the best" he chuckled.

i smiled "he really is".

our smiles faded and a silence formed again.

the night we met we couldn't shut up so what happened? had it been too long?.

"i called you over to chill tonight. i wanted to go alien spotting or something" he said making me laugh.

"alien spotting?".

he chuckled "you know i'm not real. i'm from another planet".

i laughed "chris brown from outer space. i can already see the headline".

he laughed "i should hit up elon musk or whoever. see if they can get me up there".

"it would be quite dangerous".

he nodded "definitely but you never know how much until you try".

"you're right".

a silence formed again. thankfully the silence was never awkward it was comfortable.

"why we so quiet?" he asked.

i laughed "i don't know. we don't seem to have much to talk about. we spoke about it all the other day".

"nah there has to be something. talk about work to me".

"well you know im a-".

"come talk to me in the arcade room. let's play and talk".

"sure" i smiled following after him.

i could feel myself coming out of my shell but i was definitely still shy around him. chris just had that way about him that could make you feel so small.