Chapter 1

"And furthermore..." I tuned out my dad, Triple H, who was kicking off RAW tonight with one of his signature long-winded, 20 minute digressions.

I propped my title higher on my shoulder and looked around at the other members of The Authority who stood in the ring.

Kane, who's like an uncle to me, stands in front, on the right of my dad. Big Show, new to the stable, stood in the back. I stood in the middle, on the far left side of the ring. And last but not least was the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins, who was on the far right side of the ring, surrounded by his two elf security, Joey and Jamie.

When he was in character, Seth was a bad guy, but I never really got the chance to know him out of character. We only talked on-screen, but there was something about him.

"Right, Asher?" My dad asks me.

I perk up, "Yes, daddy."

He gives me one of his stern looks that says, "I know you weren't listening to me", but he continues anyway. "Because that's what's..." he holds the microphone out towards me.

"Best for business." I was so tired of this Authority storyline, and honestly it should have ended when it started...2 years ago.

When we get backstage, everyone goes their separate ways, except me and my dad. He leads the way to the office, lecturing me the whole time. "And I know you weren't listening to me when I told you who you'd be having a match against, were you?"

I nod, "Of course I was." I didn't know who he said at all.

"Oh yeah? Then who?"

I say the first thing that pops into my head. "Eve Torres."

He looks at me with disbelief. "She quit two years ago."

"Around the same time The Authority angle should've quit," I mumble.

"What was that?" He stops a little ways away from the office door.

"Nothing. Dad, look, all I'm thinking is, maybe I shouldn't be the Diva's Champion."

He just stares at me, "Is this some kind of joke?"

"No, i'm just saying maybe it's time to, I don't know, give the other Diva's a chance."

"Absolutely not. You know why? Because you are the face of the Diva's Division. When people see you they expect quality, they don't expect you to be running around giving people chances. We'll see what your mother says about this. Pfft, chance." He opens the door for me and I march in. I put my title on the floor and take a seat on the couch, prepared for another lecture.

My mom, Stephanie McMahon, comes to stand in front of me. "Asher what were you doing out there? Not paying attention, and slouching are not qualities of a Diva's Champion."

And dad steps in...now.

"Well Steph, if we left it up to her, she wouldn't want to be the champion. She wants to give other Divas a "chance"."

My mom shakes her head at the idea, looking disappointed.

"And why not? They deserve it," I state.

She comes over and sits down beside me, grabbing my hand. "Asher, sweetie, you're a McMahon, and do you know what that means? It means that you don't give chances, you take them. It's how we thrive. Understand?"

I nod reluctantly, "Yes ma'am." I stand up and turn towards my dad. "My opponent?"

"Brie Bella. And I want you to go out there, and ruin any little hope for a "chance" that she might have."

I nod and start walking towards the door. "Wait...are you forgetting something?"

I turn back around and grab my title. "How could I?"

My parents were relentless.