Chapter 4

Mom and dad were fast asleep, so it was time to go.

I lock my hotel room door, and open the window, prepared to climb out. There should be a pole somewhere.

I find it and start shuffling down. A few seconds later, I hear some metal screech. Trying to find where it's coming from, my fingers slip, and I lose my footing.

I yelp as I fall the rest of the way down and land in a bush. I pop up disoriented. Yep, definitely taking the door next time.

I pull my hood up over my head and start my trek to Starbucks. I could've drove, but it's too close and the chances of neither my mom or dad hearing it? Highly unlikely.

When I get to Starbucks, I take my hood off to peer in the window. There's a few geeks on laptops, but no Seth.

I stand up straight and sigh. Was I too early, or too late? Did he stand me up?

"Looking for someone?" I turn around and there's Seth, a huge smile on his face.

I smile in return. "Not anymore."

He walks up to me and pulls a tiny twig out of my hair. I guess it's from when I fell in that bush. He smirks and throws it aside, before opening the door. "After you."

------------------------------------------------------------

"So what last name do you prefer?"

I think for a second, stirring my iced coffee. "Honestly, neither."

"Really," Seth asks, taking a sip of his mocha frapé.

"Well, don't get me wrong, I love both my parents, but having two last names is stressful. Not to mention that my last names intimidate people. I'd much rather prefer people call me Asher Brooke."

"Brooke is your middle name?" I nod. "Hmm, Asher Brooke...I like it." I smile.

He stands up. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go use the restroom." I nod and he ducks off into the bathroom.

I sip on my drink as the door signals that someone has walked in. I look up and my eyes widen. I stand up quickly, hitting the table in the process and knocking my drink all over me.

"Crap," I say as I try to distance myself from the table, while rubbing at my front, but I slip on my spilt coffee in the process.

I scream, but I never hit the ground, because he catches me. "Little Hunter, I thought you'd be more balanced. We need a clean up over here!" He sets me vertical, and I stare at him, as a guy comes over with a mop to clean up my mess.

"S-Shawn...what are you doing here?" Shawn Michaels was my dad's best friend, and my Godfather. He was also, as I had just found out, Seth's hero. And yep, you guessed it...we were in Texas.

"Late night coffee run, gets the muscles up and running." He crooks his head to the side. "What are you doing here?"

"Uhhhh..." I look over to see Seth coming out of the bathroom. He starts to come toward us, but I give him a gentle shake of my head to let him know to stop. I turn back to Shawn. "Same."

He nods. "Yeah...what were you looking at?" He tries to turn around, but I pull him into a hug.

"I missed you so much." I gesture for Seth to be very quiet and stay where he is. "My dad is no fun sometimes." I pull away. What I said was true. I had missed my second dad, and my dad was a stick in the mud. He had put his rebellious days behind him.

Shawn laughs. "Yeah, I always was the cool one." I laugh with him.

"Order for Shawn," the barista says.

"That's me." He looks at me, as if he's about to cry. "Bring it in kid." He pulls me into another hug. "I don't know when I'll see you again."

"Um, aren't you going to be on RAW next week?"

He sniffles, "Yeah but that's so far away." He pulls away and pats my cheek. "I'll see you Monday, Little Mac." I watched as he got his drink from off the counter. He gave me one last wave and then walked out the door.

I made sure he got in his truck and drove off before I walked over to Seth.

Seth eyebrows furrow and he crooks his head sideways. "Did he just call you Little Mac?"

I smile. "Yes, yes he did. For McMahon, I suppose." The nicknames were my favorite part of Shawn being my Godfather. You never knew what was going to come out of his mouth.

"Well, that's," he pauses and looks me up and down. "Why do you have coffee all over you?"

I laugh, "Let's just say I'm a super klutz...and I need a shower."