tunnel vision.

* ੈ✩‧₊˚

* ੈ✩‧₊˚

Impulse was a fickle thing. It wasn't often nice to you or the people you loved most, and it was even rarer that it rewarded you - Chris knew this all too well. He'd learned not to act on impulse long ago, to stop himself from getting too far ahead and falling down a ditch he didn't see coming because impulse was incurable tunnel vision. See, impulse control was a concept most people never quite got the knack of, the boy in question still hasn't either. He liked to think he was in control, nothing could go wrong if he just simply didn't. Yet he always found himself doing. And then he'd break, his hands shaking vigorously and his heart pounding so loud his eardrums could just about handle it, his throne crumbles into pieces and it's as if nothing were ever there. It's all a facade, a mindset Chris pretends he's mastered while he shakes and whimpers from within his shell riddled with fear of the impending consequences.

He just never bloody learns.

Chris thinks he might just have a stroke of luck this time, he says the same thing every time an idea springs to mind. It's all maybes and no wills, he was sick of it quite frankly but nothing was ever guaranteed. That's what he always tells himself when he's trecking home with holes in his shoes and his parents heavy in his thoughts knowing full well there was no coming back from whatever rut he was in. Lying to himself just helped him sleep at night, at least he thought so anyway. Every piece of internal monologue seemed to be a lie or something fabricated these days and he could never truly tell the difference between fantasy and the truth. Growing up his mum always told him 'it's all in your head, sweet boy', like yeah, of course, it fucking is. He didn't need to be told that.

Now, something sweeter consumes his head.

Ever since Chris had met Tori, he couldn't stop thinking about her. Couldn't stop thinking about her sweet face, her irresistible aura, the way her hand had wrapped around his when taking her lighter back, shaking and gentle like he was about to shatter under her touch. Something about her had him hooked like a fish to bait and it was driving him absolutely nuts. More than he usually was even. The way her eyes had flicked up at him all low and red from the drug got him too, it seemed to emphasise the greens in her eyes. Probably some bullshit to do with the colour wheel he'd learned about in second grade that he couldn't remember, he just knew they were positively gorgeous and staring into them was like drinking up a fresh glass of lemonade on a summer's day. And the change of scenery was refreshing; Tori was just like every other blonde airhead Chris had a fling with, yet to him, she was something brand spanking new and oh-so-special. Never mind the bleached hair, the stereotypical bright pink accessories and the silly little Shein dresses everyone and their mother wore. She was like seeing a new colour he'd never experienced or reaching a universe we'd never seen, and god was Chris addicted already. He had to see her again. Yeah he saw her at school, which to be honest was definitely not his proudest moment to date, but he needed something much more from her. He needed to know everything about her, from her middle name to who knows what, just everything.