the morning sun.

* ੈ✩‧₊˚

* ੈ✩‧₊˚

Sunlight was streaming in through a gap in the curtains casting an orange glow over the furniture in Chris's bedroom, reflecting off his floor-length mirror and straight into his eyes, thus drawing him from the comforting arms of sleep. The boy groaned under his breath and rubbed at his eyes aggressively trying to rid his eyes of pain, which was rather counterproductive because now they ached more than they did anyways. He sat up on his elbows, quickly realising he was asleep on his rug feeling the floorboards on his arms even through the thick fabric and deciding to actually sit up - why did everything fucking ache? Chris was still confused about why on earth he'd kipped on his floor when his bed was right there beside him until he glanced up at his messy white sheets and saw they were occupied. Strands of frizzy blonde hair were strewn across his pillows and a hand of pink nails peaked out over the covers - suddenly something clicked in the boy's head. Tori was in his bed.

"Fuck"

There was a light knock on his door then, Nick's head appearing around it as it opened a second later.

"Enjoy your night on the floor dipshit?"

Chris was quick to hush him because the volume his brother was speaking at would surely wake Tori up if he didn't stop, sure they had school soon but he'd rather she woke up nicely.

"Fuck off, just don't let Mom come in will ya"

Nick nodded with a laugh and closed the door again, leaving the boy with his thoughts. He always hated this part of the morning, the weird edgeways between waking up and actually getting up that for some reason feels surreal in the worst way. His head begins to swim when he glances over at the girl in his bed again and suddenly taking a breath is the last thing his body wants. Panic surges through his veins as his body begins to overheat with the stress and Chris can barely fucking breathe let alone think about how to help himself. He knows what this is all too well, yet his instincts fail him and his body just doesn't know what to do. Though somehow, it knew to be quiet. Normally his mouth has no problem letting the sobs fall off his tongue and alerting everyone in earshot even when he doesn't want it to and his laboured breaths were never any quieter. Maybe the ringing in his ears has finally deafened him, but it's like his whole body is quiet for once.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong?"

Chris jumps, and practically levitates in the air as a pair of soft, warm hands grasp his face and the sweetest voice settles in the air around him — he knows it's Tori, even if he can't hear his own cries he can certainly hear her. He knows for a fact that if he wasn't so fucked right now the amount of shame that'd envelop him at the thought of waking her up like this would be suffocating, frankly he's kind of glad he's got himself in such a state that he can't feel anything else. The girl's hands moved from his face, now her arms held him tight to her chest instead. A sickeningly sweet smell fills his nose as his face settles in the crook of her neck and he wonders how he's not gotten a headache from it yet. Something about how utterly Tori it is makes him chase it, crave it and want to breathe it in for the rest of time. It seemed to soothe him, whether it be because it made his mind focus or what, before long his chest had stopped stuttering and his breaths were far more even. Despite that, he stays locked to the girl's chest. He'd stay here forever too.