chapter ii. aligner les étoiles

MONA, WHO was anxiously asking about the location of the box's contents, received puzzled looks from everyone but Klee.

"You haven't... broken it, have you?"

The spark knight argued. She pointed to the floating book and said, "No! It's not broken at all. It's the one that you're holding.

"Phew... Thank goodness, that frightened me a lot— Whaaaaaaaat—?!"

After the whole ordeal, Mona's face was painted with gloom as she understood the book she had been seeking for was actually merely a record of Alice's terrible youth from fifty years earlier.

The astrologist's turn came to sulk in Yume's presence as she reflected on today's occurrences. "Ah, I'm finished! No wonder that old woman said that I should not look at it no matter what, or she'd ripped me to shreds..."

Klee's eyes started to tear up in the corners. "It was you who said you wanted the box. You didn't say anything about the thing inside!" She dashed to the city's gates and yelled, "I don't know anything. I'm leaving! Bye!"

The young knight was already far away when [Name] yelled to her, "Return straight to the headquarters Klee!"

As the scene played out in front of them, Lumine and Paimon sweatdropped. What a touching conclusion.

Mona murmured, clearly exhausted, "After having spent all my Mora to come to Mondstadt, not only have I gained no knowledge, but now I can't return... How did it come to this?"

"That's so sad. Perhaps you can forget everything about that book, and then go back?" Paimon said worriedly.

"That's... too difficult. And even if I wanted to stay in Mondstadt, it would be..." Mona gave [Name] a timid look and then turned her head away, unsure of what to say next.

[Name] acknowledged this and grinned. "It would be too embarrassing?"

The female could do nothing but nod as she frantically reddened in embarrassment. She quickly calmed herself down by veering the conversation."Just by thinking of going back to face my master makes my stomach churn. I... I guess I'll just have to..."

"Come and stay in Mondstadt for a bit to continue your research! I'm sure our headquarter's library has some books and equipment about astrology," The knight finished Mona's sentence. She then realized how unprofessional it was to cut Mona off and added, "... If that's okay with you, of course."

Mona flashed a smile while focusing on the city. "Maybe I'll extend my stay here until that old crone's reached the end of her days." The astrologist was beginning to feel hopeful not until a thought popped up her mind. Hold on... I don't even have a place to stay. Not to mention mora to purchase a house!

Paimon seems to have read Mona's mind based on her expression. "Now that we have Assistant [Name] here with us, she could ask Katheryne at the Adventurers' Guild to see if she knows a vacant place for you to stay at. Right?"

The mentioned female nodded in agreement. "I'm delighted to! I can even recommend you to join the Adventurers' Guild to carry out commissions. What do you say, Mona?"

Hearing Paimon and [Name]'s suggestions, Mona's thoughts began to wander and she muttered under her breath. "The Adventurers Guild? Ah, right, you can do commissions for them in exchange for..."

"Of course. That was always the plan, Mona." Lumine gave a closed-eye smile and confirmed the astrologist's curiosity.

Mona's features glistened with relief. "Oh. Um. thanks. I... Never mind. Let's go ahead now, shall we?"

They all move in unison toward the city's entrance. Paimon and the Traveler walked further and talked to one another about where they wanted to eat dinner. [Name] and Mona strolled peacefully side by side.