❝ chapter two ❞

geneviève's pov;

geneviève's pov;

MY HANDS SLIGHTLY SHOOK in my pockets as I await for the officers and my brother to end their conversation. I was having an internal debate with myself on whether if I should make a run for it now, whilst everyone is distracted, or just face reality. Unanswered questions blocked my thinking and the room was somehow feeling hotter.

"Her social worker will be calling in soon, not quite sure when, but she will." The male policeman finished off.

"Alright, then we are now free to go?" Azriel asked, taking a glimpse of my tired face from the corner of his eye.

"Ahh, sorry, I have the tendency to just keep talking sometimes," the man chuckled, embarrassed, "all you need to do now is to collect her belongings from the house and your good to go."

"Thank you." My brother nodded.

He walked forward and turned to me, gazing at me with an undetected emotion behind his eyes.

"Come soriellina, the car is this way." He spoke.

The first thing he actually said to me. Even if we've just met I thought it would be something more touching like maybe an 'I missed you'. Maybe I'm just not worth such emotional words. Or maybe he doesn't like me that much. He was probably forced to take me in.

Negative thoughts crowded my mind. It did me no good as my breathing became irregular and slow. I shan't let emotions take control of my mind. Taking a deep breath, I step forward and began to follow Azriel. He glanced back and saw that I was following, so he kept going.

We followed the long halls of the police department and finally made it outside. My brother walked towards an insanely beautiful car, the same one from the parking lot at school. It was a shiny black Lamborghini Huracan EVO.

"You like my car?" Azriel asked, having seen the look of awe on my face.

"Well sort of? I know a few, but this one is one of my favourites!"

He chuckled," Well you can borrow it anytime when you earn your licence."

Holyshit

I was speechless. That car, for me? He was certainly crazy. And I don't get a licence until I turn 18, which is in the next three years!

"Or, I could just buy you one when you do." He continued on.

This man.

"-I'll make the arrangements. Now let's go or we will miss our plane."

"I was never actually told where we will be headed." I voiced out.

"Oh, really? Well now we are in Brighton, and we are headed to New York."

NEW YORK?!?!?

"oh."

With that we entered the car and began our very quiet journey towards my house.