Chapter Two

I watched, for what must be the millionth time, the whirlwind of colours around me.

She is thinking

I watched I fascination as red lightened to orange and further till it turned white and a bright indigo took it's place, dimming to a clear blue to lowing at it's lightest, turning white and replaced by dazzling magenta.

The colours flew round and round and round and I lost myself in them.
The whirling slowed and all the colours merged into one; the darkest black imaginable, the sort that made you feel like you didn't exist- which was exactly the case.

I stood still as the temporary happiness faded away and my hopeless thoughts returned to engulf me. They were like a bleak, grey storm; pulling me into them and no matter how hard I tried to hold onto the brightness, I always ended up in the dark.
I waited, but the colours didn't return.

I sighed in relief; she was gone

The sensation of the invisible chains disappeared

Now I could move, think and feel according to my will; I wasn't sure I really had one

I started wandering in the nothingness

There was nothing but the dark around me;
it was nothing and everything

I slowly sank down onto thin air, resting my chin on my knees, I wrapped my arms around myself and closed my eyes.

I tried to imagine; in my head there was nothing except white, black and the shades between them.
This was it, this was all I could see, all that there was for me to see.

*-----------------------------------------------*