Chapter Four

The awful sensation of the chains returned, slowly, slowly, slowly, till it completely wrapped around me and trapped me in.
My legs moved to stand at their own will

At her will

I waited for the tornado of colours; it didn't come.

Instead, a familiar tingling feeling tickled my scalp.
In less than what I considered to be a second, my short brown locks disappeared and soft blonde hair fell down to my shoulders.

There was a flash, a little tint of colour - blue? green? a sort of mixture of both - that hit my sight. I blinked; it faded.

Suddenly, I was being being stretched, my limbs lengthening lengthening lengthening.

Weird tingles twirled down my spine and pinched my waist, narrowing it slightly.

The tingles danced around on my face, pulling at my lips, pressing at my nose, clawing at my eyes, twirling at my lashes, wiggling at my ears.

The sparks moved down down down, scratching at my chest, scraping at my shoulders.

As quickly as it had started, it was over.

The black of my surroundings was replaced by a reflective colour and I saw myself; a completely different appearance - again.

The first thing I noticed were the pointed ears. So this was going to be a fantasy story. I had only been in one of them before and it hadn’t been terrible. I hoped I’d be able to say the same for this one.

My eyes were the tint of colour that had flashed at my sight earlier
I was quite taller than I’d been before, which seemed fine as my former body was that of a child’s
My lips had been shaped into a perfect heart, my nose was straight and angular, brows thick and lashes long, cheekbones high and forehead not too narrow.
My new features were fierce and tough but there was a subtle attractiveness in them that my face pleasing to look at.

I stood there till my surroundings dimmed back to their usual colour and once again I was enveloped in the darkness.

*-----------------------------------------------*