Part 4: The Plan

After narrowly saving Champion City and getting Axel and Olivia to join them, Sonic, Jesse, and friends are able to take some time to rest inside the map shop.

While there, Sonic and Jesse tell their old friends about everything that's happened.

Olivia: This... This is just so much to take in... "Admins"... An entire world below the bedrock?

Axel: I still think you made that part up...

Sonic: Oh no... it's very real... Just as real as the Admins... Tails took some pictures of what we saw down there if you'd like to see them, if that's okay with you.

Olivia: Yeah, I'd definitely like to see them...

With a nod from Sonic, Tails walks over and says,

Tails: Well, since you asked...

Tails opens up the "photos" file on the Miles Electric before activating the device's projector.

The Miles Electric then projects an image on the wall, and Olivia and Axel look up to see it.

Tails then brings up the first image, showing the Sunshine Institute. Right after that, he brings up a picture of the Mush Room and its guests.

Olivia: So that's the... Sunshine Institute?

Axel: Doesn't look very "sunny" to me...

Sonic: Yeah, it was a tough place... But as hard as it was to get by in there... Things were lot tougher when... when he showed up.

Axel: Who?

Tails: The Admin.

The two-tailed fox then brings up a picture of the Admin floating above the improvised arena where Jesse and Jack were fighting.

Olivia: That's.. Is that what the Admin really looks like?

Jesse: Yeah... That's his real face.

Axel: He looks really scary... Especially with the black and red armor and the glowing red eyes.

Sonic: And his power is just as scary... He can move things around, teleport people to different places... Instantly take away people's inventories...

Jesse: He can even make himself look and sound like anyone!

Tails nods before bringing up a new picture of the Underneath as seen from the tower.

Tails: But his prison wasn't secure enough... And we were able to escape with the help of Xara, who helped us descend the tower leading to the Underneath... The world that she, Romeo and Fred created...

Looking at the picture, Axel remarks,

Axel: Huh... It looks pretty dark...

Sonic: Yeah, it was dark... The only light we had to go by was the flashing lightning and the glow from the lava.

Jesse: But it wasn't always like that...

Olivia: Really?

Tails: Yeah... Xara said it used to be a much nicer place... It had grass, plant life, flowing water... Everything this world has now.

Olivia sighs wistfully before asking,

Olivia: Didn't you also say there were... people who lived there?