𝘚𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭

This imagine was requested by 80s90stingz. I also wanted to add me into this imagine, just because. I hope you enjoy this imagine of S2 Mike, girl🥰💗

December 15th, 1984

Sania's POV:

It was a chilly Tuesday night. Right now, my mom was helping me get ready for the Snow Ball that was going on tonight at Hawkins Middle School. The thing is that I'm going with the boy that I've had a huge crush on for a year already, Mike Wheeler. Yeah, shocker. I was also going with my other friends, which were Ariana, El, Max, Will, Lucas, and Dustin. I would meet up with them later though.

My mom decided to curl my hair and then put a braid. She put some light make-up on me and looked at me in the mirror. "So honey, what do you think?" My smile grew wide as I admired myself in the mirror. "I think Mike will definitely like what he sees.", I whispered.

My mom furrowed her eyebrows. "What was that, sweetie?" I snapped back into reality and gave her a nervous look. "Oh! Umm...nothing mom. I just said that everyone will like how I look. You did a great job getting me ready, ma."

She put her hand over her heart. "Aww, well I'm glad I could help, sweetie. Had to make sure you looked your best for your first ever dance! Speaking of that, it's almost time, so I'll take you right now.". I nodded. "Okay ma, just try not to embarrass me when we get there, please", I said cringing a little. She laughed as she grabbed her keys and purse. "Definitely not promising, Sania." We walked out the door, got in the car, and drove off to the school. I honestly hope tonight will be a good night.

After driving for about 10 minutes, we finally made it to the school. As we pulled up, I saw Ariana, El and Max standing outside of the double doors. I guess they decided to wait for me just in case something happened to me. They're such great friends. My mom parked the car and rolled down the window to wave at the girls. "Hi Ariana, Max, El!" They both waved back. "Hi Mrs. Weed!"

I got out of the car and closed the car door. "Okay mom, well just remember that I'll get a ride with Ariana later, so don't worry about me.", I laughed. She then stopped us for a moment. "Girls, wait, wait! I gotta take a picture of you guys with my camera. Y'all just look too cute!", she said getting out of the car quickly.

I sighed and looked at her in embarrassment. "Ma really? I told you not to embarrass me. Besides our other friends are waiting for us inside.", I said hugging Ari, Max, and El for the photo. "It'll just be real quick, Sania.", she said.

She snapped the picture with her polaroid and got back in the car. "Okay, I'm done now. You girls have fun, but not too much fun.", she laughed. "We won't mom, don't worry.", I chuckled. We waved at my mom as she drove off. "Your mom literally seems like the coolest.", Max laughed as she opened the door for us. I chuckled nervously. "Yeah, sometimes she is."

We walked into the gym to see what looks like a winter wonderland. There were huge snowflakes and beautiful lights dangling from the ceiling, a glitter sign that spelled out "Snow Ball", and nicely decorated tables. It was just so beautiful that it just gave off a nice winter night vibe. We looked around for our friends and saw them standing near one of the tables. "I see the boys. Let's go.", Max said as he she walked off.

Ariana was about to follow her until I stopped her. "Hey Ari...can I tell you something?" She turned around quickly and nodded. "Yes of course, girl. You can always tell me what's on your mind." I gulped because of how nervous I was. "I never told you this until now, but...I like someone...and you know him." Her eyes had widened. "Really!? Who!?", she whisper yelled. I looked over at Mike and Ari looked my way. She looked at me and smiled. "Don't worry, girl. Your secret is safe with me. And don't be nervous with him. Just talk to him and go with the flow.", she whispered and winked.

I chuckled and we walked over to Max and the boys. As I was saying hi to everyone, I had accidentally made eye contact with Mike. I immediately started blushing because I was too busy admiring. He looked so handsome in his suit and vest. There's honestly just so much that I like about him. He's kind, caring, polite, and so charming. He always seems to charm me with that cute smile of his.

I had snapped back into reality when I heard my name. "Sania. Sania. Are you okay? You looked like you saw a ghost.", Mike chuckled. I giggled nervously. "Oh! Yeah, sorry Mike. I was just thinking about something that Ari had told me.", I lied. He nodded. "Oh...okay...well should us and the others take our seats?...", he asked. I laughed nervously. "Yeah, of course." We sat around the table and watched the other students dance and socialize. Dustin sat in the middle of Max and Lucas, while Will, Ari, and El sat next to each other. I sat in the middle between El and Mike.

We chatted for about 20 minutes until the song "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper came on. Max and Lucas immediately got up and walked to the dance floor, so it was basically just five of us. Eventually Dustin had asked El to dance and she had agreed, so they had left. I wanted to dance with Mike, but I was too nervous to ask him. I ended up looking at Ari, giving her the "What should I do look?". She was about to whisper to me until Will tapped on her shoulder. "Hey Ari...um...I usually don't dance, but I was wondering if you wanted to dance with me...", he said shyly. She smiled and laughed. "Yeah, of course. I don't mind." He gave her a small smile as they got up from their seats. Ari mouthed out "Sorry" as they walked to the dance floor.

Me and Mike looked at each other nervously because how awkward it was. "So Sania...since we're just here by ourselves while everyone else is dancing, you want to dance with me?..." I blushed and looked down while smiling. "Uhh...yeah sure. Of course...". Mike smiled and grabbed my hand as we got up from our seats. We walked over onto the middle of the dance floor surrounded by the other students. He put his hands awkwardly on my waist and I put my hands on his shoulders, swaying side to side.

We danced awkwardly with each other until he spoke. "So...are you having a good time?" I nodded in response. "Definitely. Especially with you.", I smiled. He smiled back and looked down. "I'm glad. There's also something that I've been wanting to tell you...". I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "And what would that be?". He sighed. "Sania, there's no other way to say this, but...I like you...and I mean I like "like" you..."

My face expression softened and I blushed like crazy. "Mike...I had no idea that you felt the same way, because I've liked you for a while myself...". He smiled and blushed. "Well...I'm glad you feel the same, because I also want to ask you if you want to be my girlfriend...". My heart felt like it was skipping a beat when he asked me that.

Ariana and the others overheard our conversation and looked at us, waiting for my response. I nodded and gave him a small smile. "Of course, Mike Wheeler.". He smiled back and gave me a small kiss on the lips. Ariana, Max, and El squealed in excitement and laughed while the boys looked at Mike in shock. "Yeah! Get it Sania!", Max laughed. Me and Will laughed. "Yeah, that's my bestie!", I said. Max turned back to Lucas and gave him a kiss on the lips. Oop, looks like those two are in love also. I always shipped them anyway, so I'm happy for them.

We all continued dancing for the rest of the night. I had leaned my head on Mike's shoulder as we danced to "Every Breath You Take". Max and Lucas had done the same thing with each other, while Will and Ari were hugging and laughing with each other. No, they're not dating of course. They're just best friends and I just love how they are with each other, especially with everything Will has gone through. El and Dustin were just laughing as Dustin was making jokes to her.

Honestly tonight was one of the best nights of my life. I'm glad I was able to spend it with my bestest friends, and my boyfriend of course. This will be a night that I will never forget.