Let Me Love You

Rosie

"Rosie, please. For once... just come with me."

My cousin, Jennie, keeps begging me to come with her on a date – me being the third wheel. Like, no.

I rolled my eyes for the nth time this day. "Oh for goodness sake, Jennie! Are you a child? You don't need a chaperone! And no, never in my life I'm allowing myself be a third wheel."

Oh my god, she's pouting at me looking like a puppy. It's not even sympathetic.

"No."

I was enjoying my Saturday off of work when I heard the doorbell going off.

And here comes my dork of a cousin again. She always visits me on weekends, mostly when she has nothing to do. I don't even have to ask why she's here because that's just like asking for the obvious – her bothering me, that's her specialty. It's kind of endearing but I don't tell her that.

"Yah Rosie, you said you don't want to be a third wheel, right?"

"Uh-huh."

Her eyes light up and she hold my hands tightly, shaking it in excitement. "You don't have to be! You'll have a date!!"

"What?"

"I told Jisoo I won't go on a date without you, so she talked to her friend who'll be your date!!"

I look at her as if she's grown two heads. She's so excited that she doesn't even notice it. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Oh come on..." She whines. "I really, really want to go, Rosie... Besides, Jisoo said her friend is good looking. Pleeeaaase... I'll treat you to shopping next time!"

"Fine."

Not far away, I watched my cousin act like a little girl in front of her date, Kim Jisoo. They're cute together but they're so sweet it's hurting my eyes.

Why do I have to be here?!

Right, I was promised a free shopping after this, who would deny that? Not me. But this double date thing is ridiculous especially when I ended up having this 'date' with another girl.

"You okay?" I heard her ask.

"Yes."

"But you just groaned."

I look at her annoyed for disturbing my thoughts which I regret a little seeing her concerned face. "I'm fine."

"Are you bored? Because I am." She asks looking at her watch.

"Yes, can I go home now? Seeing them comfortable enough alone."

"What about our date?"

"What date?! I'm just here to accompany Jennie."

"So am I with Jisoo. She promised me a date though." She said with a smirk. So annoying.

"Then date each other."

She laughs out loud. "Feisty. Wait a minute. I'll let Jisoo know we're leaving."

After texting, she grabs my hand and starts walking with her literally dragging me. "Yah! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Let's have dinner. My treat."

I didn't have the chance to retaliate as we entered a really nice looking restaurant. The place only has a few people in it and most of them are couples.

What did I get myself into? I thought with a frown.

She pulled a chair for me, acting like a gentleman and I saw the waiter at the side smiling at us. What the hell?