Chapter - 3

As the birthday of little Sid's approached the Nigam family found themselves singing a happy birthday song to their now only son, Siddharth , who is turning eight .

"Happy birthday to our Siddharth ~ happy birthday to you!" the family cheered as the now eight -year-old Siddharth blew the candles of his cake.

Grateful to his family for all the love and care , the now Siddharth exclaimed ,

"thank you mom and dad!" , running towards his parents giving the two a hug, his cheeks being squished in the middle of his parents' faces.

"smile!" the family let out a genuine big smile as they carried their only son in their arms, feeling happy as ever as Father Nigam's friend took a snap of the happy family , the flash flickering as he presses the button of Father Nigam's polaroid camera.

As the family continued celebrating until it was late and everyone who were invited , which was mostly the neighbours and few close friends started leaving one by one, ofcourse not forgetting to greet the birthday boy one last time before leaving .

It was 11 o'clock at night when mrs. Nigam was cleaning the kitchen while Siddharth was sitting on the kitchen counter, his legs dangling as he hums a specific lullaby from Frozen 2 .

As the thought suddenly occurred in his mind which he had forgotten for a while now thanks to celebrating his birthday with his family and relatives , he realised , his favourite uncle Jake was absent !!!

As the realisation hit him , a frown immediately took place on his cute little chubby face .

Hence , he could not help but mutter , " Bad Uncle Jake , I won't talk to you even if you give me chocolates next time !

Hearing the mutter of the kid , Mother Nigam also realised that truly there was no news of Jake after confirming , he would come to the little boy's birthday .

It was truly odd for him who always kept his promises to Sid no matter what , then .... What could be te reason for his absence ?.....

" I hope it's not any kind of accident " prayed Mother Nigam , after losing her daughter and also almost losing her-self along the family with depression , she couldn't even bear the thought of losing someone , especially her now only family other than Mr.Nigam and Siddharth .

The mere thought of it was horrifying and she was already terrified of its consequences...

Her thoughts were disturbed by the sound of the doorbell which echoed through the whole house late at night .

Mr.Nigam who was by the corner helping his wife cleaning the living room , walked towards the door hearing the sound of the bell .

"Hon, it's probably Jake !" mrs. Nigam , who was confused at first who could be visiting so late at night , yelled to her husband, mr. Nigam , when she came to realise that her brother could be the only one , in response to that Mr. Nigam just humm-ed .

Siddhart who also came out of his trance , realising that his Uncle was at the door he ran towards the opening door to only stare at door confused to watch his father welcoming his uncle who had arrived so late to his birthday was carrying a doll not a small doll but a huge doll ¿!

Muddled up , Siddhart looked at his mom who came behind him wiping her wet hands on her apron , asked

"mom, why is uncle Jake late?" mrs. kim just smiled at his son who was still holding grudge on his uncle.

"He must have been busy preparing for your birthday gift, baby. Now come on, let's greet him." mrs. Nigam replied , extending her hand to his son which in return Siddhart gladly accepted.

"Uncle Jake !" the boy exclaimed and ran towards the older pulling his mom along tumbling , while his Pokemon payjama made him look like a fluffy Pikachu.

"hey Sid ! Wow ! You have grown so tall in such a short time !! Last time I checked you were still 4 - 5 inches shorter !! " said Jake to his nephew .

Slightly blushing at the praise , the little boy pretended to be angry at his uncle and said , " Ofcourse I would be taller in 2 years time !! "

Not even embarrassed with what the little boy said , Jake just laughed happily and asked him , " I guess the little Siddharth is angry at me ? "

To which sid only replied with a hmph and said " Ofcourse he is !! " puffing his face and glaring at him to show his angry expression which only ended up being a cute expression .

To this Jake only kneeled same as the little boy's height and kinda playfully and sincerely apologised ,

" Uncle jake is very sorry for being late , but happy birthday, kiddo!" Said Uncle before ruffling the boy's hair .

And added while sincerely smiling , " Thank you so much Kiddo , for waiting ".

"It's nothing uncle Jake!" Siddharth said, smiling.

Life's always a mystery , now with the doll making her entry ... I guess it would be more Mysterious ?¿

____

Happy New year Everyone

So this is my New Year gift to you all ★
Hope you will enjoy it !!!