Chapter Four

I have locked myself in the spare room to change my clothes and wipe the make-up off my face; I showered quickly to rid my hair of the crunchiness, toss on the clothes Lucifer had washed for me last night. Maybe I'll get lucky and escape through the fire escape or something, so I don't have to face Lucifer again. I know it's silly of me to take what he said to heart but at the same time it felt nice to be claimed by someone even if he didn't mean it that way. Just as I'm slipping on my shoes a knock comes at my door, soft at first but then becomes more urgent and I just stand and stare as if the thing is going to implode and knock me off my feet.

"You know a locked door can't keep me out," Lucifer growls.

"Just leave me be, I'll be out of your hair shortly."

"Who said I want you to go? Didn't we discuss that you staying here is the best option?" I scoff, "I changed my mind, it's too much Lucifer."

The door handle rattles again this time letting the door swing open and bounce off the wall behind it, I turn to see him still dressed in his suit with Mazikeen behind him. He still has that lustful look in his eyes even though I'm no longer dressed in the costume that he and Mazikeen picked out for me; her his face is slightly flushed arms crossed over her chest.

"You can't leave, Andi," Lucifer says, "Amenadiel is still out there, he's probably still angry too."

"Besides," Mazikeen buts in, "I like you; you make it fun around here." I snort, "I've only been here one night."

The two of them linger in the doorway not leaving me any room to exit; I turn away eyeing the window looking for any way to escape.

"You wouldn't survive the jump," Lucifer snaps, "so don't even think about it."

"Just let me go home, Lucifer," I plead, "I don't belong here, I've been on my own for years; centuries even just let me do what I do best."

"Why?" His voice is soft, "I know what it's like being an outcast, being singled out for what you are and no one seeming to understand the way you feel. Let Mazikeen and I help you." I shake my head, but he continues, "you...you make me curious about what you are, about your scars I want to help you become the Nephilim that you're meant to be."

"A demon and the ruler of Hell want to help someone like me," I mutter, "most people that have found out what I am; they've called me an Abomination. I have killed people Lucifer, killed those who figured me out and threatened to out me to the world or to Heaven."

"You're not an Abomination, Andi," Maze says.

No one moves, we stand like three statues until Lucifer comes into the room laying a hand on my shoulder squeezing it gently. His touch isn't demanding nor is it scolding it's soothing and gentle something that I'm not used to after everything that I've been through; this man, this fallen Angel is willing to help me understand my past and where these scars came from because hell if I can recall but I remember the pain that caused them.

"Stay," he whispers, "please."

"Alright," I sigh in defeat, "but if I become too much of a bother or something in that nature just tell me and I'll head out; but I'd like to get some of my things from my place if that's alright with you?"

"Not alone you're not," he states.

"Well I need my things, more clothes, toiletries and my laptop at least." He sighs, "fine, Maze if you would be so kind as to take Andi to her place tomorrow when you have a moment, but other than that you are not to leave here alone."