✦ - 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝗜𝗜: 𝙍𝙀𝙇𝙄𝘾

Sometimes it can be okay. Keyword: sometimes

It can be a great distraction from anything that the prince noticed dragged him down-- like the lack of an education system or how he contributes- well, less than what he'd like to. It could clear his mind-- let him appreciate things. But then there were moments like this.

-

Purple-Yam has a goal set- "Just eat and then pack."

Whenever he sets one, it's never grand-- honestly, more stepping stones to a pursuit he didn't have: aimlessly walking on a road he either "found" or was put on. And now he finds himself pacing around the room. Nowhere to start and a clean slate-- an empty text document, if you will. It's just him and a choice. He hasn't even eaten the potatoes his mother "Lovingly" prepared by setting them in the microwave for three seconds and cutting a loaf of bread in half. And to be fair, the kingdom, Xia, is rationed right now. But once again, Kennebec did nothing about it and would rather starve. Avoiding the problem seemed to be a dominant trait, as neither could solve it.

The prince quit pacing for a second, landing in front of the closet, facing right toward it. "Clothes seem like a good choice."

And that proved to be a mistake. Purple-Yam slid the door open, and a not-so-satisfying sound squeaked out. It was rusting: wasn't it? Either way- it ticked him off a little: grabbing what he considered casual wear.

-

"Dark-Cacao, huh? Where even is that..." He let out a long sigh, rubbing his eyes and setting the clothes on the floor: rolling out a mental map of the world. Yogurtca's to the left, Mala tribe not so far: so it should be pretty far. The prince never liked going out, always staying inside. So this would mean a very different temperature change.

A couple of months ago, there was a party over "Somewhere" where he had an interesting conversation. He got to meet another prince: Yogurt Cream. While the two couldn't have been more different: each had an individual charm that they respected-- also, Lilac was keeping either of them from burning the whole place down (as if it wasn't in enough)

But that wasn't the point-- he was in a conversation with the two, and they regarded harvests and what they think is the ideal time since Yogurt Cream can only adventure so far, and his bodyguard couldn't deal with that. And the other prince mentioned a set of words he thought were beyond intriguing; he knew what seasons were, but he didn't know small bits of snow could plummet from the skies-- or water. And it could be disastrous! Apparel and other factors apply-

And he got too excited again. The prince found himself standing in front of a closet- probably looking like a fool. There were a couple of choices for clothes, but he had no idea which to bring- was it cold? Or warm, maybe boiling?-- He might as well prepare for it all-- maybe he should go out. Only for a bit-- Mother wouldn't even notice.

The prince threw on a pair of shoes: it didn't matter which since this gown touched the ground-- so once again, he headed down the old staircases and cracked halls-- practically running and nearly tripping until he got to the kitchen. Not that it mattered, it would

"Where are you going? I told you to get your bags ready." The queen snarled, looking back to her son, who stood nearly still as she spoke: eyes locked as he put his hair in a neater ponytail: fringes and strands coming together.

-

"Y' never told me a THING about the other kingdom. If it's freezing over there or something that isn't--- THIS weather... so, I'm buying a coat. Markets are still open, don't think it'll be so hard."

"...Very well then. Don't take more than an hour. Chances are that you'll mess something up."

Purple Yam didn't answer his mother, simply walking out of the dining room and down the long halls, noticeably quicker than his usual pace. He had been to these markets before-- many times. But they were in secret. Of course, he wasn't great at making up lies on the spot, but he wouldn't miss out on the outside world- not on combatants, not anything he'd want to see. The people didn't quite "appreciate his presence," so he'd be in armor or his hair braided-- maybe his... "marks" showing- only a few, of course.