Part 9: "Please wait"

Gally's POV

I heard a clinking noise in the distance as I was hammering a nail into the wall of the homestead. It was coming from a cross the glade, near where the wall with all our names on it. I dropped the hammer and followed the noise.

As I approached the wall I could see Alby chiselling something on the wall. It was Y/N's name.
"Stop! What are you doing!" I shouted shoving alby away from the wall.
"Im sorry Gally, she's gone" alby said solemly.
'Gone' she can't be gone. She can't have died. Its not possible. I need her.
"No, she cant have gone, she hasnt gone" I said running my fingers over her half crossed out name.
"Gally shes dead, shes not coming back" Alby said beginning to chisel again.

Tears streamed down my face and I ran. I ran into the maze and kept running. Shes gone.

~~~

I jolted awake.
It was just a dream. It was just a dream. I told myself while steadying my panting. It was early morning and glade was quiet. I wasn't sure what to do so I ran over to the wall with our names on just to check. My eyes darted over it till I found her name. Y/N. It hadn't been crossed out. I reached and traced her name with my finger. Everything's OK, I thought to myself.
But everything wasn't OK.

~~~

I was pacing back and fourth infront of the medhut, desperately trying to get in. Alby had said I wasn't allowed in until he said I could go in, but he and Newt have been on there far too long and I need to see Y/N. I need to know she's OK. She's got to be ok. She must be ok.

Mihno came and joined me. He slumped down against the wall of the medhut. He looked tired, really tired. He was scared about Y/N too, everyone in the glade was, but not as much as us two. He gave me a weak smile "Im sure she'll be ok Gally" he tried to comfort me but I could see the fear in his eyes.

~~~

It was late afternoon until they let us in. Alby had sent me away a few times but I just ended up coming back. Minho spoke first "how is doing?" he asked.
"Still unconscious" Alby replied.
"What does that mean for her" the concern in Mihno's voice was growing. Alby and Newt looked at each other before looking down.
"Its not looking good" Alby said "chances are she wont make it".

The words cut like a knife. I'm gonna lose her. What am I going to do.

I love Y/N more than life itself. She is my everything. She's so beautiful and perfect and so kind she could never hurt anyone and she's going to die. I love her with all my heart. I love spending time with her and sneaking into her hut at night for we can cuddle. I love kissing her, her soft lips brushing against mine. I love her smile, her beautiful smile that would never fail to make me smile. But what I love most of all is talking to her. Until I started spending time with her I had no one to talk to, and with her I could talk about anything and everything knowing she would understand.

But that's all gone now. She isn't going to make it. I can't be in this glade without her. I have no hope without her. I can't live without her.
I can't live without her.

I started running towards the maze. Many gladers called after me, u sure of what I was doing but I blocked them out. A couple even befain chasing after me but they wouldn't catch me in time. I had to go. I couldn't be here when they announced she was dead. I couldn't be here without her. I reached maze gates as they began creaking shut.

Y/N's POV

My head was throbbing. I slowly opened my eyes to try and let the brightness in. The glade was noisy, panicked even. I closed my eyes again just so I could get used to the light.

"Alby! Gally's running towards the maze!" I heard Newt shout.
"Oh shuck!" Alby said, there was a hint of sadness in his voice. The both ran outside and started running and calling to Gally.

Wait why was Gally running into the maze. I must have been unconscious for a while. Did he think... oh no. I can't lose Gally. I love him.

I pushed myself out of the bed and out the medhut door, I needed to stop him. I cried out in pain as my ancle had wait through it but that didn't matter. I jad to get to Gally.

I limped outside the medhut. He was already in the maze and the gates were beginning to shut. Everyone was calling out to him but he wasn't listening. I ran as fast as I could towards the gates. Tears were streaming down my face. I can't let him go. I can't lose him.

"Gally!" I shouted, my voice was strained and dry.
"Gally please" I shouted again but the gates were nearly closed. It was nearly to late.

I ran faster I couldn't let him go.
"Gally! Please wait! Please Gally!" I screamed at him but It was no use, the gates were nearly closed.

I tried once more "Gally stop, please!" I yelled as loud as possible.
Then he turned around. "Gally come back please!" I yelled again still making my way towards the maze.

He began running back to the maze doors. They were nearly shut, he wouldn't make it. He sprinted back towards as the gates continued to rumble shut he continued to run out of the maze. He reached the gates and desperately squeezed his way through. It was almost suffocating watching him try and escape. The gates were squeezing him as he had nearly reached the glade. Thomas and Minho ran forwards and pulled him out as the gates banged shut.

Gally got up of the floor and bolted over to me with such force he nearly knocked me over. His body hit mine and he held me so tight. He pulled me in for a kiss and I could see the tears welling in his eyes.
I pulled away "Dont ever do that to me again!" I yelled at him.
"I wont I'm sorry" Gally said smiling down at me "I love you Y/N".
"I love you too Gally"
Then he pulled me in and kissed me again.