2 • Party?

- Shareece POV

"Bye Jackie, see you tomorrow." I called out to my assistant as I walked out the firm.

It's a sunny morning in Downtown L.A and it's Wednesday, meaning it's a half day. I have the rest of the day to relax, which is just what I needed. Whitney had called during one of my session for a Girl's Day and I can't turn that down. She texted me the address, I arrived to LaLa's Nail Salon before she did so I waited for her. About 15 minutes later she walked in.

"Hey Tay." She greeted me, referring to my middle name; Tayonnah.

"Hey Whit." I said standing up to give her a hug.

"What would you ladies like today?" One of the employees asked.

"Manicures & pedicures." Whitney stated.

"Good choice just pick a color and we'll get started." The employee instructed.

We picked our colors and took off our shoes when the warm water was done. Setting my massage chair on low, I let my aching body feel relaxed. Two employees came and lathered our feet and legs, two more came for our hands and nails. I haven't been pampered in ages.

"How was work?" Whitney asked; sparking up a conversation.

" Tiring as fuck. What about you?" I asked in return.

"Good." Whitney simply replied. "How was Christopher yesterday?" She switched the topic.

"Things went better than you thought; he even agreed to another session next week." I replied as a smile came across her face.

"Thanks for helping him out, it means alot to me." She thanked.

"No problem, I'm just shocked that you didn't tell me. We've been best friends since 7th grade and you know I'm a huge CB fan." I stated and she nodded.

"I didn't know how to tell you and that's not something you go talking about. I'm sorry."

"You good; I ain't that mad." I replied.

About an hour later, we were sitting at the drying table. We're both in love with acrylic nails so we got that. Mine were baby blue and white, Whitney's were red and gold. Once we're done, Whitney paid for the both of us and suggested we go out to eat. We go our separate ways to our cars. My neon blue Ferrari LaFerrari was banging. That's a good $1.3 Million dollars well spent. Pulling off to the road I follow Whitney's red on black Lamborghini Aventador to the restaurant. Craft L.A.

"Table for 2?" Whitney asked once we got inside.

"Right this way." The hostess said; grabbing two menus.

We pick an outside table. The hostess gave us our menus and asked for our drinks. I got a Raspberry Lemonade and Whitney order a Apple Jack. Her tipsy ass.

"Whit. It's only 2 in the afternoon." I stated as a waiter came with our drinks.

"Exactly... consider it Happy Hour." She replied; taking a good sip of her alcoholic drink.

"What would you ladies like to eat?" The handsome waiter asked; holding firmly on a notepad and pen.

"I'll have the Calamari Salad but switch the raisins for croutons." Whitney replied; handing him her menu.

"I'll have the Chicken Salad and a side of breadsticks for us to share." I replied; handing him my menu.

"Excellent choices." He stated; taking our menus.

"So have you talked to your brother?" Whitney asked as the waiter left.

"Nahh, last time I heard from him was 2 weeks ago."