7 • Love & War

- Shareece POV

It's been about 2 weeks since my second appointment with Chris, he went on many radio & TV interviews to clear up his name. When he comes in my office now, he's strictly all business. It hurts to know that I'my hurting him and that's something he'll never tell me. I sip on my Vanilla Latte from Starbucks while waiting on him to arrive for his 4th appointment.

"Hey, Dr. Porter." He enters the room, shakes my hand and takes a seat.

"Hello, Chris. Let's get started." I stated grabbing my pen and booklet. "Have you gotten any contact with your daughter, Royalty?" I asked.

"No, the court and Nia are still refusing for me to see her." He replied and I took some notes.

"How does that make you feel?" I asked and he took a moment to think.

"I feel like America's worst father, I'm trying everything in my will to be apart of her life and nothing's working. She's my first child and I want her to know the real me, the loveable and caring part of me. My worst nightmare is her believing everything bad about me from the news and shit, and she ends up hating me." He said and holding back tears.

I hand him a box of tissues. "It's okay to feel that way, however, you can only go forward from here. I have no doubt that she'll love you unconditionally." I stated and he looked at me in my eyes.

"Then why don't you? Love me unconditionally?" He asked.

"I'm tired of going back and forth about us. Don't you think I'd loved to go out on a date with you? Any girl would..." I began but he cut me off.

"I don't want any girl. I want someone who will help me better myself, someone that will stick by me even at my worst. I want you. And if I prove to you I will, because just how you see sommthing in me, I see better in you." He stated.

"Can I get back to work?" I asked.

"Why do avoid this with me? Is because someone hurt you so badly you can't love anymore? I bet you tell clients day and night about how important love and relationships are but you can't even take your own advice. Not every nigga trying to hurt you, especially me. Whitney goes on and on about big of a fan you are, in that case, you should know I'd never hurt you. Everything I'm saying is true." He confessed.

"I think we should reschedule." I said look at my calendar on the wall.

"I think you need someone to be here for you, you've done your part of caring about other people. But who's caring for you?" He asked.

"Myself. I paid for my office, my car, my hou..." I began but he interrupted.

"What about your heart, your body, your soul and mind? Who's there for you after a long day of work ready to cater to your needs. Who's there's for you when you stressing out and need a shoulder to lean on. Not a God damn soul, because you won't let that happen. I admire a independent woman but often times I feel sorry for one's like you." He continued and walked out.

"Mhmm. What does he know? He don't know shit about me!" I yell to myself. I call my client who was after Chris into my office.

Once it was my lunch break, I couldn't wait to leave. Until I saw Chris leaning on my brand new Mercedes Benz, I roll my eyes as I walk to my car.

"What are you still doing here?" I bluntly asked with a strong attitude.

"Whitney's out running errands in my car." He replied.

"And so? Take a cab, a bus...shit you better start walking." I stated. He moved off my car as I unlocked it and got in.

"Aight." He said closing my door for me and began walking along the sidewalk.