19 - intense

After showering, you were brought to a sort of
medical wing. The little rooms where you were checked were only separated by curtains. "Uh, wait, what is that?" you could hear your boyfriend ask.

It was good to know he trusted these people only a little more than you did. "Just a little cocktail. Calcium, folate, vitamins A through Z. Pretty much everything you've been deprived of out there. Try to relax." the doctor answered.

A female doctor walked into your little room, closing the curtains so no one could look inside anymore. "All right. I know this might be a little uncomfortable for you, that's why we'll
make it as quick as possible." she spoke before beginning your check up.

A while later, you were sitting in the cafeteria with Newt, Fry and Minho. Across from you sat a group of boys, telling you about how they got out of the maze.

That's when you noticed your brother. You stood up, walking towards him. "Thomas!" you exclaimed with a smile on your face. Up until now, you didn't even realize you nearly lost him a few hours prior because of Gally.

You pulled him in a hug, burying your face in his neck. He kissed your hair before you pulled away. He still kept you close, scared you might get taken away from him.

"What's going on?" he asked, looking at you. "We weren't the only maze. Come on." you spoke, pulling him to the table Newt, Minho and Fry were sitting at.

You sat down next to Newt, Thomas next to you. Newt grabbed your hand and kissed your cheek when you sat down, looking at you lovingly.

"There was this big, loud explosion, and these guys came out of nowhere. Started shooting up the place." one of the boys said, Winston sitting next to him. "It was intense."

"They pulled us out of the maze and brought us here." he finished. "What about the rest? The other people left behind in the maze, what happened to them?" Newt asked.

"I don't know. I guess WCKD still has them." the boy spoke, shrugging his shoulders. "How long you guys been here?" you asked, pulling the attention to you.

"Not long. Just a day or two. That kid over there has been here the longest. Almost a week." the boy spoke, looking at a guy sitting alone at a table, his hood pulled up over his head.

"His maze was nothing but girls." another boy explained, drawing Minho's attention. "Really?" he asked, frowning. "Some guys have all the luck." the first boy spoke, his eyes raking over your body.

Sensing your uncomfortableness, Newt placed his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer while glaring at the boy, Thomas doing the same. You lay your head on your boyfriend's shoulder, pecking his neck.

That's when Janson walked into the room.

"Good evening, gentlemen, ladies. You all know how this works. If you hear your name called, please rise in an orderly fashion, join my colleagues behind me where they will escort you to the eastern wing. Your new lives are about to begin." he explained, opening his clipboard and calling different people up front.

Once he was done, the people who hadn't been called groaned. "Now, now, don't get discouraged. If I could take more, I would. There's always tomorrow. Your time will come. Come on, eat up." he left the room with the chosen kids.

"Where are they going?" Minho asked. "Far from here. Lucky bastards." the first boy explained. "Some kind of farm. A safe place. They can only take in a couple of people at a time."

"What the hell?" Thomas spoke and stood up, walking towards the exit. He had spotted Teresa and wanted to reach her. He was held back by a guard before you were brought to huge sleeping quarters.

"Ah, I got top!" Fry exclaimed before Minho climbed onto the top bunk, making Fry groan. "Too slow." the former runner grinned. "I could get used to this." Winston spoke.

"Yeah, it's not that bad." Newt said before hearing the door being locked. You sat down on one of the top beds, knowing you would share one with Newt.

"Hey, what do you think those guys want with Teresa?" Thomas asked, looking between you and your boyfriend. "Now, if there's one thing I know about that girl, is she can take care of herself. Don't worry about it." Newt said, climbing up to you.

You placed your head on his chest while he placed his arm around your waist. You kissed his lips, trailing to his jaw and his cheek before laying your hand on his chest.

"I love you." you whispered.

"I love you, too."