36 - twat

Sitting down at a table, Thomas pulled out a map and pointed towards a specific location. You were certain he came up with some kind of plan to get Minho back, but it wouldn't convince Vince.

"There, that's it. It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Aris told us, that's gotta be where they're headed. That's where they're taking Minho. We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can. We can make it back within a week."

"A week? It took us six months to get here. We got over a hundred kids here now. We can't just hang out here forever after what we just pulled. You wanna wander off to some random point on the map? You don't even know what's there." Vince argued.

"I do."

You turned towards the voice, seeing Jorge standing in the doorway. "It's been a few years, but I've been there. The Last City. That's what WCKD called it. It was their whole base of operation. If that city is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, hermano. That's the lion's den."

"It's nothing we haven't done before." Thomas argued. "Yeah, with months of planning, and reliable information, the element of surprise, none of which we have now." Vince spoke.

"Vince, I thought this through. Would you just hear me out?" Thomas asked before being interrupted by Vince again.

"The last time we went off half-cocked, I lost everything. You remember that? Look, I know it's Minho. All right? But you can't ask me to put those kids on the line for one man. I won't do it."

Suddenly, voices could be heard on the radio. "Shit. Hit the lights." you ordered before running off to switch off the lights. After you knew you were safe, Newt met up with you.

"You realize he's gonna go off on his own, right?" he asked, placing his hand on your cheek. "Yeah, but I won't let him. Look, Newt, I'm not asking you to come with us-"

"No, I'll come with you. I won't let you go on your own. We'll meet at the cars, that's where he's gonna go."

And that's what you did. You, Newt, and Fry waited for Thomas by the cars. As expected, he appeared with a backpack in hand. "Well, where are you going then?" Newt asked, switching on a light.

"Newt..."

"Don't be a twat about it. I'm already in." Newt chuckled, grabbing Thomas' backpack to put it in the trunk. "No. No, not this time. Look, even if we find Minho, there's no guarantee we make it back from this."

"Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you?" Newt asked and opened the car door, revealing you in the driver's seat and Fry in the back.

Thomas scoffed upon seeing you. "Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way, too."

"Okay. Let's go get him back."