-5-

Dinner is over. Mr. and Mrs. Kang finally have retreated to their bedroom after I told them, I will do the dishes for that night. Of course they wouldn't let me do that at first, since I am their guest for that day, but after persuading them, and saying, it is the only way I can repay for their generous hospitality, they allowed me to proceed, but only if Daniel and Park Solomon have agreed to help as well.

I simply nod my head and quickly get back to the kitchen, moving straight to the sink, so I can get to work right away. I am supposed to ask Daniel and Park Solomon to give a hand, but I don't think it is a wise idea to have them both by my side.

"Do you need help?" Park Solomon bravely comes closer to me and offers his help, which I really wish he wouldn't be so generous.

"No." I answer without even looking at him.

"Let me help." Park Solomon insists. "Daniel's parents said, we have to help as well."

"Owh really? Then...why does Daniel is still sitting over there, and not here, helping me out?" I point to Daniel with my chin, who has his headphone on his head. I wonder if he is litening to the music, or he is just pretending like he does, in order to eavesdrop on our conversation. I bet, it's the latter. Because I will do that if I'm in his shoes.

"I don't know about him, but I'm not going to let you do the work alone. Let me help." Park Solomon is getting closer to me. My back is touching his front because he is standing behind me now.

I sigh and stop washing the dishes. "Can you please stop being so stubborn? I rather do this alone. Besides, this is just the same as my everyday house chores. I don't really need any help from you." I say, staring at the dirty dishes in the sink.

"You are the one who is stubborn. I just want to lessen your work." Park Solomon retorts. He sounds frustrated, but I do not care.

"That's your purpose? Then, wash everything yourself, so I can join Daniel and accompany him." I remark as I turn around to leave.

"No. I won't let you go to him." Park Solomon grabs my wrist to stop me from leaving.

"What is your story, Lomon? Why are you doing this to me?" I confront him.

"He told you, didn't he?" Park Solomon loosens his grip on my wrist, but still holding it firmly.

"About what?" I pretend like I do not understand a word he said, because I want to hear it from him himself. I want to verify, Daniel wasn't just making a story.

"About me wanting you." Plain and simple the answer Park Solomon gives to me.

"Wanting me as what?"

"My everything." Park Solomon relays softly and beams.

To be honest, that's totally not good for my heart. It's melting. And it shouldn't be doing that. I can hear the wall around my heart starts to crack. If he continues to act like this, the wall may crumbles, and the door to my heart will be unlocked instantly for him to open. And I don't like it. I don't like it how easy for him to make his way to my heart.

"I do mean it, Jenny. I want you to be my everything. I want to court you and make you mine for the rest of my life."

I sigh and glance at Daniel, who I'm pretty sure is listening to our conversation. "How could you do this to your friend, Lomon? Making advances on me when you know, he is still not moving on from me. Don't you feel any guilt for hurting your friend?"

"I do, Jenny. You don't know how frustrated I am now, doing something like this to a friend. But I'm just like him too. I don't want to have any regrets later for not pursuing you just because I don't want to hurt a friend. Since I will be in so much pain as well if I do nothing to get you and your love."

"Why me? I'm just a nobody. With no family, or a good background. I'm not pretty. I'm not like those Seoul's girls, dressing in style. I work at a bookstore as a helper. And I'm not someone from your social circle, whom you should choose to date." I point out the reasons, that I shouldn't be the one he wants.

"That's the more reason I want to be with you. You may be ordinary, or a nobody, but you are the limited edition."

I laugh. "Daniel said the same. I am the limited edition girl."

"He's right, Jenny. You are the limited edition girl indeed." Park Solomon concurs.

"Maybe I am. But this limited edition girl, can't be selfish like you do." I scoff at him.

"What do you mean, Jenny?" Park Solomon looks pretty confused.

"I love Daniel, Lomon. Maybe not romantically, but I love him as a family, as a brother and as a friend. I may want to have someone to love, but I don't have the heart to do it if it will hurt someone else."

"So, you rather be hurt than hurting someone else?"

"Not just someone else, but someone who is dear to me. I don't want to lose my only family even though we are not even blood related. You may not understand me, but Daniel and his parents, are the reason I can experience what is like to have a family. Though I don't address Daniel's parents as mom and dad, but I do love them the same. So, hurting Daniel, will not only hurt me, but it will sever the bond I have with this family. I don't want to risk that, Lomon." I shake my head a couple of times. "So, please stop. I don't need this. Love can come and go, but family, friendship, it can never be replaced."

"Then, when will be the time for you to be able to love someone?" Park Solomon queries with a serious face.

"Maybe...when Daniel has found someone to love, and has moved on from me." I state the time that I think it is the appropriate time for me to date.

Park Solomon grits his teeth and glares at Daniel. "Is this what you want, Daniel? Do you want her to have no one by her side for the rest of her life? You're hurting her too, Daniel. Aren't you aware of that?"

"I don't think he heard you. He is wearing his headphone."

"Stop fooling yourself. We both know, he has been listening to our conversation." Park Solomon raises his voice at me.

"So?"

"So let's hear what he has to say. His opinion, whether he does want you to suffer for his sake."

"What are you talking about? No one is suffering. Not even me." I state adamantly.

"Really? So....you don't feel lonely at all? Or jealous of other people who have someone by their side?" Park Solomon questions me.

I pause. Am I jealous? To be honest, I don't know.

"And you, Daniel? How long are you going to do this to her?"

Daniel huffs as he slowly removes his headphone.

"Do not answer his question, Daniel

"Do not answer his question, Daniel. I don't want to know." I stop Daniel before he opens his mouth. "And you, Lomon, don't you dare interfere with my life. I choose to be like this. So, stop blaming Daniel just because you can't have what you want. Do you understand me?" I pull my hand from his grip and continue to wash the dishes quickly.