congrats

MIDORIYA
5 years later

A lot has happened since middle school. I've learned and lost most of all. But today was the day to honor not only my accomplishments, but the accomplishments of my friends and all the people we've lost on the way. Today was Graduation Day.

"Deku!" Uraraka's voice made my head turn as I stared endlessly at the mirror in our changing room. "Your tie isn't done." I looked down at my suit; my tie hung undone on either side of my neck and the buttons of my tux didn't align with the holes.

I looked back at her with a nervous smile. I reached for the nape of my neck and scratched at it, embarrassed. "You mind tying it for me? I don't know how."

She just smiled, those rosy cheeks of hers puffing out. "You know you're just gonna wear your gown over it, right?" She walked over to me and I turned to face her.

"Yeah I know," I laughed. "It's for after." She hummed her approval before grabbing either end of the tie and wrapping the pieces together. I smiled down at her, realizing how much I had grown since I towered over her now.

"Hey, Uraraka!" Denki's call made both of our heads turn at once. He sat a few seats down from me, tugging on his undone tie. "Can you do mine as well? Mina's still mad at me and won't help a guy out!"

Uraraka chuckled before pulling my tie tight. She readjusted it so that it sat snug against my collar. "Sure thing, Kaminari!" Before leaving me, she rested both of her hands on my chest and gazed into my eyes. I reached to brush a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled before leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"Happy Graduation Day, Ochaco," I whispered, resting my chin on her head.

She melted into my arms and sighed happily. "I'm so proud of us." And just like that, she pulled away and left to help Denki with his tie.

I watched her leave, admiring the pink dress she had picked out almost a full year ago. She's been talking about this day since we first met when we were first years. But if I'm honest, I'm shocked to have lived to see it.

"Wipe the damn drool from your face, Deku," I turned my head to see Kacchan smirking at me. Kai, a girl with white hair and two different colored eyes stood behind him, fixing his spikes of hair so that they flowed without looking like he just rolled out of bed.

I chuckled and sat in the seat beside him. "You guys ready for this?"

"It's been a long three years," Kai replied, tugging at a tuft of hair. Kacchan jolted in pain, cursing in complaint. "Hold still, Katsuki!" She barked, positioning her hand on his forehead to hold him still. "I'm thankful for everything but I'm ready to move on."

I nodded, my eyes falling to the floor. Flashes from my memory corrupted my thoughts as I recalled the many hardships this group has endured over the last few years. "Yeah, me too."

"I'll finally be able to open my agency!" Kacchan laughed with a fiery spark in his eyes. "Longest goddamn years of my life," he groaned while scratching his eyebrow. "But we can finally move out and do our own thing," he said with a glance at Kai.

I smiled at the two before letting my eyes return to the mirror on the table. My smile disappeared when my reflection stared back at me. A sudden sense of sorrow swept over me. I couldn't pinpoint why or how, but it hit me like a bus.

"All right, everyone! Get your asses up!" Mina shouted from the front of the room. The few of us that were in there turned our attention. "We're starting in fifteen minutes!"

"Need to go put my dress and gown on," Kai announced while patting Kacchan's shoulders.

"Alright, see you," he said, gripping her hand before letting her go. Kacchan inhaled and sat up straight, readjusting his gown in the mirror. Exhaling, he turned to me. I could feel him studying me, taking in my dampened mood, and deciding how to approach me. He reached over and struck me on the bicep to gain my attention. "Hey—" I looked at him with a frown. "Let's take a walk."