extra.2 - screech a little louder.

(note: an alternative part set after Seek retrieves Will from Glitch, and Will says goodbye to Figure in the library. and they meet a little special somebody. mostly consists of Seek being introspective.)

Seek would be lying if he said that he could predict the other entities' movements; truth was that he had little to no inkling of any of their locations for sure. Every now and then, one of the Eyes would pop up along the walls nearby, giving him the occasional report and update on the other entity's status, informing him of which door a particularly zealous Hotel Guest was on at the time.

They mostly came to banter and nagged him at times, but he was used to their antics at this point. But what he's learnt from them is that every entity, every resident that resides within the walls of this very Hotel is unpredictable down to the very core.

Figure has been known to periodically roam the rooms outside of his library, adapting a rather keen sense of spatial awareness that allows him to avoid running into walls or hitting his head into short door frames that weren't designed for any man his height. Though rare, Seek does remember him doing it at least once a month or so.

Both Ambush and Rush — two sides of the same coin in some ways, Seek thinks — are chaotic forces of nature that appear and disappear at will, often causing the power in the Hotel to falter and blackout.

Seek has only seen the two a handful of times; twice because Rush nearly rammed him over, forcing his hand to violently lash out at the other. Such encounters no longer happen anymore, but Seek has a feeling that's more because Rush is properly frightened of him, as he should be.

Jack never stays in one set wardrobe; he constantly shifts in and out of wardrobes around the entire Hotel, and his role has kept the entity away from Seek for the most part. However, he does have some old intel from his little makeshift informants — quite the little spies now that he thinks about it — that Jack is known to team up with either Rush or Ambush. A beneficial relationship — business or not, Seek has no care for that trivial bit of information — he's sure.

There is... one entity that he hasn't considered yet, though. He hasn't a clue of whether or not it is an entity to begin with, but what with its previous inane antics from his memory, he's practically bound to acknowledge it as some sort of sentient being at the very least.

The Guiding Light.

While not an official name, that is essentially what it does for all the decades that he's known it to exist. It guides, hence the name, those that are lost, to put it simply.

It has been the bane of Seek's existence, the stupid goddamn cheater of a thing. He'd only ever spotted its fleeting presence through his hallways, always lingering in front of the openable doors for Hotel Guests to run through, dissipating into thin air the moment Seek rounds the corner.

He'd growled, made an even bigger mess of his hallways, investigated the area thoroughly like a seasoned detective, ripped apart the wallpapers, overturned every piece of furniture he could find, and more. In the end, he had learnt to accept it and move on. However grudgingly.

In conclusion, no entity was entirely predictable. And Screech was not excluded from that list.

He's holding Will's hand as they're making their way out of the Library, having dropped by to tell Figure of their plans and giving Will the opportunity to say his farewells to the entity instead of just leaving without a word.

Behind them, Figure gives Will a small, rather uncharacteristic, wave. The boy returns the gesture passionately, and Seek finds himself holding the brunt of what should be the boy's embarrassment.