Chapter 7

His sons

"...uh? hello there?"

(A/N: General Kenobi?)

You opened one eye, and noticed the now familiar figure of a certain skeleton, still blurry after waking up. He was waving his hand in front of your eyes, as if to see if you were really conscious.

You groaned as you sat down properly on the couch, where you had fallen asleep the night before.

Only to end up in a space between the void and your mind and to talk with his father.

"...pfsh, hello there. looks like you have actually fallen asleep tonight"

You rubbed your head and finally managed to completely open one eye. Once you heard his words, you chuckled.

"What? Thought that I would have used all my strenghts to stay awake?" you asked with a mischievous tone.

Which was actually what you were trying to do, but he didn't know it, did he?

He chuckled as well while he put his hands back in the pockets of his blue sweatshirt.

"i would lie if i told you that i didn't think about it. but how could you blame me after all?" he asked, shrugging his shoulders with an innocent smile.

Well, he was right though, and even you knew he was right about it, after all, you both had gone through a lot just the day before.

You felt him staring at you: he was examining you and your moves, but most of all, he looked eager to hear what he was waiting to hear. News about his father.

"Relax, give me some time to fully wake up and to feed Oreo, and then I'll tell you everything" you declared as you stood up from the couch, followed by a trotting kitty, and directed to the kitchen.

*****

You both sat down once again on the couch, with Oreo next to you sleeping and snoring: he was kinda loud, but it was actually funny to hear.

"okay, tell me the news. have you managed to meet him again?" he asked with his arms crossed, waiting for a reply.

You nodded your head.

"I did. Immediately after I had fallen asleep, actually. He said that he can only connect to my mind when I'm asleep because my...heh, my mind is so stubborn...I think he likes to mess with me, but it's reaaally just a hunch" you told him ending with an ironic note, remembering the events of the night which had just passed.

He raised a brow, but he seemed delighted to hear this.

"pfsh, looks like he's still his usual self. anything else?"

You thought about it for a second, seriously pondering and trying to remember.

And in the end, his encouragement returned in your mind, and with the memory, the same feeling of being impressed that you felt the night before started lingering once again in your chest. Precisely where your heart was.

And then, the desire you felt to know him...

"...he encouraged me in the end. He knew my name, even though I had never told him it, so I thought that I had met someone incomparably more powerful than me, and that there was no point in trying to reach him. In poor words, I was about to give up. He somehow understood what I was feeling, and he told me to never give up. Does this...sound new to you, or not?"

There were mixed emotions on Sans' face: he looked surprised, as he was raising his brows, but at the same time not, as his pin-pricks didn't betray any emotion. He seemed to be deeply in thought.