Chapter 1: The Boy and The Beast

You were a slave for. . . You don't know how long. You lost track after a few months in detainment.

But someone, broke you out. His name was Alibaba. A blonde haired boy who had a fiery look in his eyes. A back that made you want to follow in whatever light he was heading to.

He saw you fighting in a arena. You were on sale, you were expensive, but that didn't stop the blonde boy from trying to get you out of there.

He had taken your chains off and told you to leave. But you just stood in place.

"Go on now. Leave. Shoo, shoo! Before someone tries to get you again!" He yelled/whispered.

Your brows furrowed as your tail swayed. Slowly getting closer to him, but not to close.
"I-. . . You. Leave. Okay? You understand, me? " The boy did hand signals to make you understand

You gazed down at him with your cat like eyes
". . . Why?" You suddenly spoke

"Huh?" You speaking in the common language shocked him.
"Why, you let me go?" Your accent was heavy. But you spoke better then a baby.

"Because-" but before he could answer mvpices were heard, the bright yellow/orange light could be seen. And you instantly ran away.

Alibaba called out for you but you were gone.

After a few weeks. Alibaba would suddenly find fish on his window. Sometimes it was a lot of small ones, others it was big ones. The big red ones were his favorite.

He didn't know why this was happening. Until he caught a pair of red ears and a tail out of his window, placing some fish on his window.

He couldn't help but smile at the thought of the Karth, being the one to deliver him food all this time. It was really sweet and cute. But those thoughts quickly went away when he realized that you were still in this town.

A town full of slaves and slave masters.

You had stolen more fish for the blonde boy. You felt respect for him. And you've seen how skinny he was. He wasn't eating properly, so you decide to pay your debt and give him enough food to last long till it's gone.

When you snuck up to the boys house, the boy was at the table, staring away a little candle. You slowly put the pack of fish on the window

"You don't have to hide. Come in." The blonde suddenly spoke. Causing you to freeze in place.

He looked over to the window with a warm and welcoming smile. A smile you never expected to receive from humans.

You slowly and quietly climbed your way in. You used your tail to close the blind of the window so no outsiders can see you.

"Thank you for getting me food. I really appreciate it. But you have to leave this town. It's dangerous. You'll die the longer you stay!" The boy seemed very mad that you had not run away yet.

You exhaled from your nostrils. Your tail plopped down to the ground. Your eyes staying on the ground
"Death, is good, no more pain. But bad people, bad people will hurt me if I live. Live is. . . Pain. Death, better." You stuttered at some parts and took a few brakes to remember what to say and put the words together.

But Alibaba understand a little.
"Are you saying. . . You would rather die then live?" He asked conflicted. You nod.

"But! But, you. Not bad people." You spoke once more. Your words taking the blonde boy aback.

He then looked around where he was living. Then his eyes landed on you. He smiled
"Okay, live with me! No pain, I promise." He walked over to you and bent down as you were and held out his pinky.

You me and back a little before carefully leaning back towards him. Curiously looking at his pinky
"I can't promise to protect you always. But I promise to never hurt you."

His words were genuine. His smile was as well. You then held his pinky with your whole hand.

The boy laughed and realized you probably didn't know what a pinky promise was.

So you stayed with him. The two of you doing fairly well. You got the food, but had to actually get a job. You were able to get one but only did night shifts to not attract the attention of the slave masters.

And Alibaba taught you to speak the common language more better. You got better at speaking in the common tongue.

But you don't speak unless spoken to. Especially during work. You do the work, no questions asked.

You and Alibaba were on the roof, under the stars.

"Y/n. . .?" Alibaba spoke. You hummed as your ears perked as her tail went up and back down.

"Yes?"

Alibaba looked at you, as you were still staring up at the stars, your eyes reflecting the stars itself.

"What was your home like? I've always told you about what my life was before this. But you only told me bits and pieces of what it used to be for you."
You ear twitched as you shifted your eyes to him and back to the ground.

"I. . . I had two brothers. Shaw and Ska'in. And sister, Shae." You looked out into the town. The people seemed so small from afar. So harmless.

"My father was chief, my mother died after giving birth to me. We have a day to celebrate our parents, a day for our father's, and another day for our mothers. Since we have no mother. We gave thanks to our grandmother instead." Alibaba listened closely as you took a few brakes to try and remembering more of the fun parts.

You smiled when one thing came to mind.
"Coming of age party. When a little boy, becomes a man. I watched my brother Ska'in become a man. We danced and danced."

The aura around you became light and happy.
"Ska'in had to fight in a duel. Sometimes when men are in duels. They give a flower to the woman they win for." You fiddled with your finger tips

"Ska'in gave me a moon flower before he fought. I still remember that night like it was yesterday." You looked back up to the sky with that small smile of yours.
"The sky was full of stars just like this night. The singing and dancing. Oh how we would dance all night, my sister was the best dancer. She moved with the fire and wind." You stretched your arms out and yawns.

"But no one really let me stay up till the party was over. My father wanted me away when the adults got too drunk. " You said with a small chuckle.

You kept the small smile on as you pulled your knees to your chest
"But Ska'in would always sneak me out of bed to watch the sun come up once again."

"Heh, your brother sounds like a trouble maker."
Alibaba asked as he felt his eyes get heavy.

You looked over to Alibaba. Watching him slowly fall asleep.

"There was, one sibling I forgot to mention." You said as you gazed down at the boy. Alibaba hummed quietly
"Yea?" Alibaba shifted himself to try and stay awake.

Your smile was gone, your ear flickered again as you scrunched up your nose a bit.
"His name was Sali. He was my twin. . . He's gone now." You reached out to Alibaba and began to caresse his head.

You clenched your jaw as you felt your eyes stink from the incoming tears. You scrunched up your nose nose more

"Promise me you won't be gone like him . . . Alibaba." You spoke with a shaky voice.

Unknowing to the situation he was in. Alibaba simply nods and says, yes.