𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

"Afraid of myself"

The question didn't seem to register in her head the way it was supposed to, instead she blankly stared at the weird group in front of heer. It was silent for a couple of moments, her stomach twisting up even more as she prepared herself for any form of violence they were looking to show. Though her staring didnt last long as she heard one of the humans start speaking, her attention quickly snapping onto him as he stared at the new teenager. "I know you" he breathed out, eyes scanning over her and seeing the fallen groceries behind her. "You're that smart girl at school, who moved up a couple of grades" he nodded his head as he remembered, the black haired teen next to him looking at him with confusion. "I don't quite remember your name though" he admitted, still looking somewhat frazzled and disheveled from previous events.

He had recognized her from seeing her in hallways, and the talk that circulated around the school about the girl who never really interacted with anyone nor did she ever talk either. Equuleus just tilted her head, knowing his voice was somewhat familiar but also knowing that she didn't really know him in a friend type of way. She let her face somewhat sour as he mentioned he didn't know her name but knew about her, "It is equuleus" she answered blankly, still intimidated by the robots hanging behind him.

The boy's eyes visibly widened as she told him from her name "Oh" he mumbled, eyes flickering from her to the ground in awkwardness. Before another awkward bout of silence could come up another robot stepped forward, its eyes staring at her with some sort of resigned face. "And why are you here young one" he questioned, his voice or rather she thought it was his voice was deep and hard to decipher what tone it held.

"I came here to see if someone was in need of help" she moved back as she made that statement, eyes currently roaming over the group and she pursed her lips. They didn't seem like the ideal group to have around, seeing as five of them didn't look particularly human and the boy looked like he was in some deep shit. "It looks like you aren't, so I guess I should be on my way" she tried excusing herself, coming forward to grab the cans that rolled a bit farther and she tried to get herself out of this situation as fast as she could.

"I believe that won't be possible" again, the red and blue robot spoke up once more.

"And why not?" she asked in a snippy tone, her eyes hardening and her stomach once again tensing as he revealed that piece of information. It seemed he had picked up on her tone seeing as his facial expression softened somewhat at that and he began talking in a more understanding fashion. "You have revealed yourself to us, and that puts you in danger to the people who are currently looking for us" he reasoned, his hand moving towards her subtly.

"That seems to not be my problem, I'm sure I can handle myself" was her quick reasoning, once again wishing that she had simply minded her business and had not tried to go and play hero to some random person.