Chapter 3 - Unfinished business

Excuse me if there are mistakes here and there, i am just an amateur. Still learning how to improve upon my vocabulary and im sure there are a few grammatical errors here and there. Please correct me by commenting and i will make the required changes. Thank you. I hope you like this chapter. :)

**************

The party clearly wasnt a success, although waking up in the morning and watching mine and Sofias face plastered over every news channel was quite alarming.
It clearly conveyed to everyone that we weren't on good terms let alone being polite and professional with each other.

Even if i loved my job, there were somethings i absolutely disliked, one for example, how these nosey news reporters used our personal lives to give everyone their daily scoop. However, as the years went by, i gradually accepted this.

I realised it was pointless pondering over something like this as in every job profile there were pro's and con's. My job was not perfect. Nor was anyone's.
This is life ,i thought. I just had to suck it up and make the best of what i had.

Well, it wasnt just that. Some reporter had managed to get a snap of me and Ronnie last night, when i tripped and he caught me and had managed to make up a completely irrational story about how, i had now moved on to Ronnie and that maybe we were both interested in each other and that i was quick to catch hold of someone irrespective of my breakup with charlie.

I wondered if Ronnie had seen the article and how he'd have reacted to it. Im sure he wouldve been pissed as hell, because he sure didnt look like he wanted to be associated to me, let alone talk to me politely. I had that figured out last night at the party...

It was almost as if someone was listening to my thoughts i got the answer to my question.
Tring tring! Tring tring! I heard the telephone ring. Who would be calling at my landline so early in the morning, i wondered.

"Hello, Julie Anderson." I addressed the other person.

"JULIE! What do you think of yourself?! How could you go about talking to these reporters and telling them that theres something cooking between us.. if you really think that something could ever happen you really need a mirror and you....

"Hold on, wait a minute! Who is this? And why are you accusing me of stuff ? " I asked in a very annoyed tone.

"This is Ronnie, the guy you met yesterday at the party? Near the bar remember? Unless youve had a little too much to drink or maybe you met too many other men at the party you cant seem to remember." He spat rudely.

"Well Ronnie, to start off you could have let me know that this is you on the phone and secondly, you better get this into YOUR head. I am not one bit interested in you ,your fame or anything. I dont even know you. So why dont you stop accusing me for shit when i clearly dont have an idea about who's behind this mess! " i said angrily.

"Okay okay. Then who's behind all this? Huh? Tell me!" He said arrogantly.

"Well i dont know, it could be some of the reporters or the media people at the party for instance who wanted their daily scoop or someone else who doesnt like either of us." I tried to explain calmly.

"Look, im just as shaken as you are and i have no clue as to who has done this. So why dont you give me a break. I honestly dont know what i have done to get on your bad side and why you keep insulting me all the time but honestly Ronnie this is the last im going to tolerate this from you or let alone anyone. Im a little busy so why dont you call someone else and get in their way rather than getting into mine. " i spat into the phone and hung up.

He deserved it after how he had treated me. I didnt even know him yet he behaved like an absolute dick to me. I wasnt going to put up with it i realised. I was attracted to him i knew but the minute he mistreated me the attraction went out the window.
I was going to ignore him as much as i could on the show.

Suzie called a while ago reminding me to go shopping as i had to buy a few swim suits and clothes since i was going to be on television on an island. I really needed to rethink my wardrobe.

I decided to call her up in the evening and go shopping. The show was going to air a week after and we had to be at the island exactly in 2 days. We had to report to The hollywood wax museum in La at 6 am the day after where a bus was going to come and take us to the Santa Monica pier.

From there a little houseboat would take us to the Santa Catalina island and that was going to be our home for 2 weeks. I thought about it excitedly.

Ronnie's POV

"How dare she! The nerve of her! She hung up on me?!?! " i screamed at my assistant.

"Calm down sir... "

"Dont you tell me to calm down, go get done with the work i had you assigned to you while i deal with this little pain" i said.

I assure you im not this rude, its just i dont like flattery, i dont like fake people, i dont like people who arent punctual and people who are incompetent. I like to keep everyone on their toes. Thats how i go about.

When i saw her at the party the other day, i couldnt resist going over and giving her a hard time considering i knew about her little tiff with charlie and his current girlfriend.

Charlie always told me she was an uptight bitch who made him run around do things and make sacrifices for her whilst she on the other hand would never do much for him. Charlie was my best friend and i loved him like a brother.

He told me he cheated on her because she had made him feel like shit in his previous relationship and he couldnt tolerate it anymore so he fell for Sofia and couldnt help being attracted to her. I wasnt happy when he told me he cheated but at the same time i was glad he finally got rid of her.

When i taunted her at the bar, she didnt seem shaken. She was confident and she spoke proudly. I couldnt help notice how attractive she looked in that white blouse of hers which gave a great shape to her breasts and her tight short leather mini skirt that caused me to look at her perfectly toned legs.

I almost had a boner thinking about how her legs would feel wrapped around mine when i realised i was thinking highly innapropriately about a woman who had once been with Charlie, my bestfriend.

I got angry at myself for thinking that way and spoke quiet rudely to her to which she turned away and walked away from me. I almost felt bad for what i had done because i had treated her ill manneredly and she hadnt said much about it so i caught her arm and she tripped backwards right into my arms.

Man, if she hadnt walked away i wouldve have taken her then and there. Her lips were so close to mine and they looked so tempting ...

However today morning caused me to realise that she was exactly the bitch that charlie had described.
I was shocked to see pictures of us all around and Charlie calling me up to ask me what the fuck was going on! I simply told him i would call him up and explain later as i was going to try dealing with this situation first.

I didnt know whether to believe her. She had motive to do such a thing. To get back at Charlie, since he was my bestfriend. Nevertheless she kept saying she wasnt behind it and i was too angry to think straight so i decided i was going to put this aside and focus on the show.

She was going to be there at the show too, i thought. Darn, why was she getting to me. !

I decided i wasnt going to put up with her crap and i would make her life hell at the island that she would want to leave soon.

*******************

So what do you think? Ronnie and julie have really started off on the wrong foot. Seems like theyve decided theyr going head to head against each other at the island.
Meanwhile, whats this? Ronnie thinks charlie cheated on julie because she had didnt respect him enough as her boyfriend. But julie has another story. She claims that he cheated because of sex. Ronnie doesnt know the truth. Read to find out what happens next ;)

Also dear readers, i thought i wouldnt do a Ronnie's point of view but i think thats necessary now and ive changed my mind. :) Happy reading people

Please vote or comment. I love you guys.