𝐕

𝙰𝚗𝚡𝚘

Picking up my phone as it goes off, sighing I sat down on the gray color sofa, watching the game. Opening my phone, I scrunch my eyebrows together as I see three new messages from an unknown number.

Unknown: hey, you busy later on?

Unknown: my bad, it's Verena, :)

Unknown:  message me if you're not busy...

A slight curve on my lips, as I respond to her texts.

Me: hey, no why?

Ver :): Do you think that maybe we could start that English project?

Me: yeah, sure

Ver :); alright, meet up at Starbucks, and then we could head to the library.

Me; sure meet you there.

Reaching the Starbucks, I parked my car, at the nearest car park, which was two spaces away from the entrance.

Talk about luck.

Sitting in my car, I take up my phone, and wallet, before switching off my car. Opening the door, I exit the car, before locking up and start walking to the entrance. Only to stop when I see Verena walking up, a frown on her beautiful face as she walks. Smiling, I jogged up to her, although it was almost midday, the sun was cool, as the wind blew.

"Hey", I greet her, her head perks up, as she heats my voice. A small smile replaced the frown on her lips, which made my heart beat quicker.

What!?

"Heyy,'' she greeted back, walking to the entrance. Walking behind her, I hum as she starts speaking, as she walks to the short line.

"Can I have a venti Caramel Frap, and a bagel?", she asked the barrister.

"A?", she calls out, making me hum only to realize that she was talking to me.

"Same thing you got," I responded, pulling my wallet out, ready to pay, but she beat me to it. She handed her card to the young barrister who nod at her.

"What shall we start first?", I ask her as we settle into the farthest corner of the library. Rows of books surround us, but no one was on which was good.

"Let's plan out what we going to write about first," she replied, as she sips her drink. She took out her laptop, and notebooks, along with a white pencil case.

"You can write your thoughts, about what you think of today's reaction to mental health, and I would start our document," Verena said, and I nodded. Grabbing my book bag I take out my laptop, and notebook, along with my pencil case.

"Today's reaction? or from the beginning?" I question her, looking at her beautiful face. Her curls drop to her face, as she scrunches her nose, she's so cute.

"Today's own", she replied and I nodded.

𝚅𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚊

Two hours passed, and as we started our project during our two hours, we took breaks, and the librarians were nice enough for us to order lunch, once we clean up after ourselves. Packing up my stuff. We quietly exit the back of the library and walked down the narrow hallway. Giving a small wave to the two elderly librarians. We walk outside, and I was instantly met with the scorching hot sun.

"Shit," I muttered, blocking the sun with my bag, as I walk down the steps. Followed by Anxo, who was right behind me, muttering something incoherent under his breath.

"Come," he said as he clicks his car open, and the doors unlock. Opening it, I quickly shoved my backpack onto the floor before getting comfortable.

Closing the door to my Jeep, I huffed out a puff of breath before entering the house. My parent's cars, were still here which means that they will be inside.

Fuck..

With all my courage, I walked in, it was a quarter to six when I enter. The rest of the day, Anxo and I just went around the city and got to know each other a bit more. It was rather relaxing, and I feel as if I can trust him, but not with certain stuff. Although he, on the other hand, started telling me stuff from his past which made my heart break, seeing him at such a young age suffering. I didn't dare open my mouth because I know that, if I was to voice my thoughts it would have come out as sympathetic and that's not what I would have wanted to come across like perhaps more....empathy. Ways or another, Anxo and I share a similar past just narrated and played differently.

"You're here", my mother said, as I walk into the kitchen, eyeing the different amounts of dishes laid across the counter.

"Yeah..", I responded, rounding the island, I reached into the fridge and take out a bottle of water, before exiting. Only to stop when my mother calls me.

"Verena....", she started, softly almost like the sound of a mother speaking to the child. Almost........ it sounded more like a forced tone but I dare not say anything.

"Yes?", I answered, keeping my tone clipped, there aren't enough words to put my emotions in.

"I'm sorry," is all she said before leaving the kitchen. Her light brown hair bounced as she walked down the hallway. Head down, and I stood there baffled at such a gesture.

I'm sorry...

𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔

𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔. 💛