Chapter 1

I should've went with them. That's all I've been able to think about since the war party left. I knew I should've went before they even left. But Jake told me I needed to stay with Kiri and Tuk, so I stayed behind.

I don't know why he wanted me to stay back. Usually he lets me go anywhere with him or the boys, but today he acted like it was different. I know that they were smuggling from the sky people, but I've joined those raids before and never had a problem. And while usually I would sneak away and join them anyway, Kiri asked me not to. She said that she wanted to hang out with me but we've been sitting in silence watching Tuk play for half an hour.

Tuk had cried after they left which was weird for her. She told me it was because Lo'ak had taken a toy from her before he left and hadn't given it back but I knew better than that. She was worried about her family. I couldn't blame her, I used to worry when Jake and Neytiri would leave us kids here to do these raids but you learn to get over your anxieties when it comes to their abilities.

A loud screech come from outside of the cave and knew my people had returned. Tuk knew that as well and yelled for Kiri and I to follow her to greet them. We ran to the entrance where the ikrans would be landing. I looked up to count the number of na'vi, making sure we had the same numbers they left with.

A quick squint of my eyes and I noticed two bodies on Jake's ikran. I began to search through the other flying creatures, looking for which one had a missing rider. I spotted a familiar teal creature that was missing it's rider and began to worry. Neteyam's ikran was without a Na'vi.

I ran to the direction Jake's ikran was landing and waited for him to break their bond. He searched through the crowd for my eyes and quickly motioned me over. I helped him pull Neteyam down, even though the young male seemed relatively fine. I removed my hands from my friends body and watched as his father grabbed Lo'ak to pull him in a group with the other boy.

"What the hell were you two thinking," he yelled. The teens looked between each other and muttered their apologies. "You two were supposed to be spotters. You were not supposed come anywhere near the ground," the father began lecturing his young sons.

He continued lecturing them for a few moments longer before motioning for me to come closer again. "Y/N, will you please take Neteyam to his grandmother. He has some wounds that need to be addressed.".

I nodded and headed in the direction Neteyam and I needed to go. He quickly began walking at my side. I noticed some cuts on him and he seemed to have some issues with his shoulder. I side eyed him, making sure everything else was fine. He noticed my lingering eyes and gave me a fanged smile.

I rolled my eyes. "You are stupid," I said making him chuckle. "It was Lo'aks idea. I couldn't let him be dumb all by himself.". I smiled at him and we began running throughout our home, heading to Neteyam's grandmother.

Once we arrived, I dropped my friend off and began the journey back to where I started. I knew Neteyams injuries weren't that severe so I didn't stay to ask what they were. I didn't want to overstay my welcome. Which is a strange thing to feel. My only memories of family are of this one yet I feel no familial connection to them. Well besides Jake and Lo'ak. Jake has went above and beyond trying to raise me, which is something I truly don't understand. I sometimes want to call him dad but I'm not deserving of giving him that title. Even if he tells me I can. I might feel like he was my family but by not feeling the same towards his family I feel I shouldn't.

Lo'ak will always be like a brother to me. Even more than my biological brother. But that brother refuses to speak to me, saying I'm the reason for our parents death. I know it's not the truth, I know sky people killed my father and there was nothing I could do about my mother dying in child birth. His problem with me is none of my concern at this point. I don't need him anymore anyways.