Chapter 6

Neteyam, Tsireya, and I searched the whole village for Lo'ak. It was no surprise when we came up empty handed but Neteyam insisted on searching before coming to conclusions. At the end of the search Neteyam began stressing.

Until we overheard Ao'noung and all his friends talking quite loudly by the sand. Tsireya had motioned Neteyam and I over when she noticed them, thinking they might've seen the young boy. We stopped dead in our tracks when he began speaking about Lo'ak.

"He's so stupid. He really thought we wanted to hang out with him. Now he's out all alone. Boohoo." Ao'noung said laughing. Neteyam's face turned to stone as he listened, my own body being overcome by rage. I storm over to the boy and immediately punch him in the face, him falling on his ass right after. "What the hell did you do!" I yelled at him as his friends stared at me in shock.

Neteyam runs towards me and stands between Ao'noung and I. He rubs my arm before turning to the boy. "Where is he?" Neteyam asked, his face cold. I glared at Ao'noung waiting for him to respond.

A smile travelled to the chiefs sons mouth, making my blood go cold. "He's out taking a swim. Past the reef." he says, winking at me. Tsireya finally runs towards us as her jaw is wide open in shock. I stand there still as I watch Neteyam tackle the boy and grab a knife from his waistband, holding it to Ao'noungs neck. "Neteyam!" Tsireya yells from behind the boy, her hands travelling to his back to pull him away from her brother. I move in as well and grab Neteyam's arm, attempting to remove the knife from his hand.

"You're going to explain to my father exactly what happened and you're gonna do it now." Neteyam says as Ao'noung gulps loudly. Neteyam stands and puts his knife away before grabbing Ao'noung by the arm and pulling him up. I grab Ao'noungs other arm as we begin walking towards the Sully family hut, Tsireya following close behind. "Tsireya, go tell your dad what happened." I tell her. She nods and turns around towards her family home.

The group of boys that were with Ao'noung watch us walk for a minute before they see Tonowari emerge from his hut, his face showed exactly how he was feeling with his son.

We pull Ao'noung until we see Jake outside of our hut talking to Kiri and finally let the boys arms go. Jake looks between me and his son quickly. "Tell him what you told us!" Neteyam demands from Ao'noung. Ao'noungs head drops as he explains to Jake all the happened after Lo'ak left the hut earlier.

Most of the story was news to Neteyam and I as we didn't really give him much time to explain earlier. Jake listens to the whole story, his face not showing any emotion through the whole thing. I glare at the boy talking, hissing when he mentions how they left Lo'ak.

"We need to tell the chief." Jake says, grabbing Ao'noungs arm and pull him along the path towards the chief. Neteyam and I follow close behind, Kiri falling behind us.

An hour, after the story had been explained to Tonowari, Ronal, and Neytiri, they had sent out a search party for the boy. Neteyam and Neytiri had been panicking the whole time, even though Neteyam tried to hide it. I could tell just from the look in his eye.

Jake had been trying his hardest to stay calm. He didn't want to say something he would regret to Ao'noung or Tonowari. I didn't care as I sat there and verbally abused the teenager pretty much the whole. "You're such an idiotic child. You don't deserve to live." I told him, earning a hiss from Kiri. "Be calm Y/N. I'm sure my brother is fine." she told me.

Horns were sound from the front of the village as people began to yell the forest boy was back. Neteyam and I rushed to the scene, Tonowari already awaiting the boys arrival. I pushed through the crowd and got close to the dock, watching Lo'ak emerge from the water and walk towards Ao'noung. Jake pushed past me quickly and held his son back, checking over his young son.