Chapter 2

My eyes open and I notice the three empty beds of Lo'ak, Kiri, and Tuk. I figured they would be out today as that was Neteyam and I's plan as well, but this seems a bit early. I won't question too much because I simply don't need to. If they were doing anything suspicious, they wouldn't have taken Tuk.

I quickly sit up in bed, looking around our little hut to see what exactly has gone on. Neteyam is awake but trying to fall asleep again. Jake and Neytiri are smiling as they eat breakfast together by the fire. It's a great morning already.

Jake and Neytiri notice I'm awake and wave me over. Two plates are set out which I'm assuming is for me and the other teenager in the room. I stand from my bed and sit on a chair across from the parents. I grab the plate and begin eating quickly, waiting for my friend to wake up. I finish my food as he wakes up and jumps out of bed. He he hugs his mother and father and grabs his food so he can eat quickly.

"So, do you guys have plans today?" the father asks. I nod as Neteyam throws food in his mouth. "We're going to take a ride on my ikran," the teenage boy explains. He finishes his plate as I finish putting my riding gear on. Jake stands as Neteyam does and waits for the boy to finish getting ready.

Neteyam glances at him occasionally, waiting for him to say something like he clearly wants too. I stay standing by the door, staring at the ground. "Be safe you two. Make sure you're back before eclipse," the older man says. We both nod in response before Neteyam grabs my hand and we begin running to his ikran.

I giggle as he quickly saddles the animal. Usually we would fly separate but we discussed a few days ago how it would be easier to just fly one of our ikrans at a time. It's harder to point us out in case we ever saw sky people while we were out and about. He finishes saddling up the animal and quickly jumps on before giving me a hand to hoist me up. I grab onto his hand and jump onto the animal behind him. He gives me a reassuring hand on my thigh before we take off into the sky.

I've always enjoyed flying. Jake used to take me on his ikran all the time when I was little, even against Neytiri's wishes. She was always worrying about us children then. She had no reason to worry however, Jake would always put our safety over anything. When I got my own ikran, I was absolutely ecstatic. I got mine before both Neteyam and Lo'ak, which impressed everyone. Of course they followed closely behind me and Kiri behind them. She never had much interest in the sky anyway. I've always known I would get my ikran quickly. Both of my parents did and from what I know so did my brother. I got into a fight with Lo'ak after I got my ikran though, he was upset that the chiefs own sons were being over shadowed by a simple girl in the clan. Neytiri quickly told him to hold his tongue after he said that and it didn't affect me much but it did change my perspective on how the clan might have seen it. So I didn't talk about my capabilities much.

Neteyam and I flew the skies at a quick pace, not slowing down for an hour at least. My face was tired from the fact I had been smiling the whole time and I knew the teenager with me had been doing the same. Daylight was still fresh and we knew we had time to waste so we decided to take a break on one of the cliffs by our clan. Most of these floating cliffs were inhabited by ikrans but there was few that were completely free of them.

We jumped off the majestic animal and quickly sat on the large rock, laughing as our butts hit the floor. "That was fun," I said breathy. He nodded and gave me a fanged smile.

We both laid on the rock, our arms touching as we talked about all the wildlife around. He pointed occasionally at flying ikrans and we asked each other who we thought would tame each one. I played with my braids as he sang the song his mother had written for him at birth. It stemmed from his song cord obviously, and was the same tune I had fallen asleep to the night prior. Just like last night, it worked like a charm and put me to sleep after he got to Kiri's part.