Captured

One morning as Alexis is walking she soon sees chase's vehicle and sees Chase siting by a tree in the park.

"Hey Chase." Alexis says as she goes over to Chase as he looks at her.

"Oh Alexis. Uh good morning." Chase says.

"Why are you out here alone?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Oh uh I just needed some time to clear my head." Chase says.

"You mean about you getting snagged on the building?" Alexis asks.

"You know about that?" Chase asks embarrassed.

"Word gets around but no worries. You still sound like a pretty cool dog to me." Alexis says as she smiles and wags her tail.

"Thanks Alexis." Chase says as he smiles.

"Want half of my breakfast? It's not much but I don't mind sharing. I usually share with Liberty." Alexis says as she gestures to a hot dog.

"Are you sure?" Chase asks.

"Yep." Alexis says as she and Chase begin eating the hot dog.

"So do you live nearby? I could give you a ride home if you like." Chase says.

"Actually Liberty and I are both strays. We kinda run together like a pack but we do have our separate things we do too." Alexis says.

"You're a stray?" Chase asks in surprise.

"Yeah. Been one ever since I lost my parents as a pup. My parents said I was their special girl when I was with them but I don't feel special since that happened to them because of me." Alexis says as she pins her ears back.

"What do you mean?" Chase asks curiously.

"Let's just say my parents chose to give up their lives so I could have a safer and better one. I don't see how this is much of a life but it's what it is. Besides the city isn't so bad." Alexis says.

"You like living here?" Chase asks in surprise.

"It's not so bad. The view here is amazing. I could show you things Chase you'd fall in love with. Besides it's okay. I wouldn't have gotten to meet you or Liberty had my parents still been here." Alexis says.

"Still I'm sorry about that. I know how you feel. I was abandoned here as pup before Ryder found me. He gave me a home. Perhaps I could help you and Liberty find one too." Chase says as Alexis smiles at him.

"You're very sweet Chase. Thank you... but no thanks... Listen there's things about me that would make it difficult for me to have a home with a human. It's just better off if I'm alone." Alexis says.

"Nobody should be alone. Whatever it is I can help." Chase says determinedly.

"Trust me. You wouldn't like it if you knew me completely like Liberty does. She's the only one who's ever truly accepted me. You won't find another person like her who will do that for me. But if you want to help find one for Liberty. She deserves it." Alexis says.

"Alexis I promise you I will find you both a home. Somehow. I promise you that." Chase says determinedly.

"Thank you Chase." Alexis says.

"Chase come in." Ryder says as he comes in on Chase's collar.

"Ryder?" Chase asks.

"I need your help. Come to my location. I've sent it to your vehicle." Ryder says.

"Gotta go Alexis. I'll see you later." Chase says as he runs toward his vehicle.

"Be careful!" Alexis shouts as she watches Chase leave.

*Timeskip*

"No stop! Put me down!" A voice shouts revealing to be Chase as Alexis watches him be put into the back of a van.

"Huh? Chase? Chase!" Alexis shouts as she runs after the vehicle only to stop being unable to catch up.

"Oh no. Ryder. Ryder! I gotta find him." Alexis says as she runs off.