Chapter 12

Ignoring the scorching inferno that is burning inside of me, I lifted up my chin and sauntered further into Nate's home.
I sat down on his sofa and perched my back. I knew the Ellie that was present right now, and it was the Ellie that got business done.

My back was straight, my hands were resting casually on my knee and I had my legs crossed. My chin stayed up and I watched Nate through blank eyes. If there ever was a way to intimate a man, it was to never show them any weakness.

I couldn't help the barrier I placed over myself, but I deep down, I was aware that by doing such a thing, I could survive this encounter with Nate. Because other wise, I would crumble into a hot messy pile in the middle of the floor and accept anything Nate wanted to do to me.

Decorum was still heavy in my blood and I planned to ooze it all out.

I cleared my throat, pushing the intense feelings Nate unlocked within me to the back of my head. I could bask in those feelings and really analyse each one for every second - but only when I was alone in the comfort of my own room.

"You want anything to drink?" Nate asked casually from somewhere to my right.

I flicked my head and saw that he had moved into the kitchen. "I'm good, thank you."

Nate let out a scoff. "It's just a drink. Either water or a cold coke. Not poison."

I glared at him. "I did not say anything about it being poisonous."

Nate held my eye. "Then fucking take a drink?"

"No?"

"Why not?"

"Because, Nate. I don't want a drink."

Nate rolled his eyes and turned his back to me? Opening kitchen cabinets quite harshly. "It's quite disrespectful to decline something, especially if someone is offering something to you in their home. Their private space."

"No it is not ." I wanted to scream at him to stop with the dramatic comments but held my mouth tightly shut. Minimum conversation could see me out of here as soon as possible. I had some respect still on how to deal with being a guest in someone's house.

"Yes it is."

"Fine." I snapped, "hand me a cold coke."

Nate walked to the fridge and reached for one of the cans neatly stacked on one row. From here I could see how tidy his fridge was, and because of the typical roll of hi, I was quite skepticsl that he did it himself.

Did he have a housekeeper?

Maybe.

All men do.

Or maybe he was a organised neat freak.

Nate came out from the kitchen and walked into the living room, with one cold coke in his hand, and a cold beer in his other hand. Before he handed my coke, he held it next to my face.

I frowned, confused as heck but reached for it. "Say please."

"Oh fuck you!" I bursted out, leaning away from him and the coke. I was fuming. What an absolute kid!

I looked up at him, opening my mouth and ready to spew out all sort of obscenities when I saw a wide grin on his face. "What the hell?"

Nate erupted into fits of laughter, a deep vibrating sound emitting form him. I had to force myself not to drool at him. Because even his laugh was sexy as hell.

"I just needed you to loosen up a bit." Nate managed to say once he stopped laughing and cleared his throat.

"Why?" I asked him.