Growing Up

"It was raining and thundering. It didn't look good for the young prince. There were thousands of dogs but Bambi wasn't a bit scared. They came closer and closer. There was nowhere to go. Then a dog that was tall as a tree roared from the shadows but Bambi was too fast." Thumper says as he is telling a story about Bambi to his little sisters much to their joy.

"He's really enjoy that attention." Alexis says as she and Faline are watching and listening.

"Yup." Faline says.

"Hooray for Thumper! Look who's here. Oh the young prince. Hooray! Hooray!" The sisters shout as Bambi comes into view.

"You know they're okay for sisters. Just too bad they're girls." Thumper says as he looks at Alexis and Faline.

"Hey!" Faline shouts offended.

"Just what is that supposed to mean?" Alexis asks angrily.

"Oops. What do you know Bambi!" Thumper says happily as Bambi gets snagged on some branches revealing he has horns coming in.

"Well looks like those antlers are finally coming in." Friend Owl says.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Bambi says proudly.

"Thumper's been telling us quite a story." Faline says.

"While exaggerating a bit too." Alexis says.

"Yes, yes. The one with the thousands of dogs." Friend Owl says.

"Thousands?" Bambi asks as he looks at Thumper smiling.

"What can I say? I'm a born storyteller." Thumper says shyly.

"I'll bet it seemed like a thousand dogs." Faline says.

"Either way. You were very brave none the less." Alexis says as Faline goes up to Bambi as he gets shy.

"Oh!" Bambi shouts as he gets knocked into Faline accidentally kissing her as she blushes.

"Twitterpated." Friend Owl says.

"What's twitterpated?" Flower asks.

"Well it's- I'll tell you when you're older." Friend Owl says as Ronno shows up.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the young prince! One of these days we'll meet up again and when we do- Ow! Ow! Get if off! Get if off! Mommy!" Ronno shouts as he lands in some water getting a turtle attached to his nose as he runs off screaming.

"Serves him right." Faline says as she smiles.

"Mmm. I don't know. He has his moments when he can be actually kinda sweet." Alexis says as she smiles before Faline looks at her.

"See? I told you turtles were scary." Flower says as he looks at Bambi.

"Oh! I gotta get going. My dad's waiting for me." Bambi says happily.

"Bye Bambi." Everyone says.

"Aww Bambi. You never have time for us anymore." Thumper say as Bambi leaves.

"Wonderful isn't it? He's growing up and with his dad at that. He's going to make a great prince one day. I know he will." Faline says happily.

"Yeah. And I'm sure Ronno will make a great buck himself." Alexis says as she smiles.