.prt3

one by one, we had all managed to fall asleep at separate moments. tuktirey dropped off first as we had all presumed. it obviously wasn't a surprise as she was the youngest and so sleep was most important to her. second was kiri and loak. the both of them fell asleep mid conversation, whilst talking about how neytiris ilu got trapped in some sea grass on the way here, and it took them too long to let free. i dozed off shortly after tsireya did. i was originally planning to stay up longer to catch a short chat with aonung but at some point in between everyone else, he had managed to drowse off without anyone else noticing.

after we had all woken up to tuk crying about needing the toilet and not knowing where to go, i escorted everyone with her and we all released ourselves. post preparation for the rest of the day, we ate, spoke with each other's parents and got along with it.

we began by bonding with the animals. as tsireya and aonung have obviously stayed with us here before, they already had their bonds sorted. however the sullys of course didn't, and so it was now there time to sort it. i showed them what we call a pengee, mutation of a penguin and banshee.

kut had no issue with the bonding. it had almost seemed like she was destined to be paired with a pengee as she did it with ease within seconds. with kiri it was almost the same. she did partially struggle at first, however as she managed to control the pengee, she succeeded to make it her own.

whereas with loak well there was hardly any hope with him. it reminded me of a story that aonung shared the night before: how much loak struggled to ride his ilu when he first attempted to bond with it. tsireya vouched for him and said that it was a the most chaotic thing she had seen in ages.

after the longest bonding attempt ever, we took out our pengees and I showed the group the snowy hills. between them, in a small gap within the hills, there are usually a few caves hidden which only a few icina navis knew about, and of course as i was the olo'eyktans daughter, i was one of those few that knew the exact location of all of them.

it was honestly a bittersweet moment bringing them here. the cave in which i was planning on showing them was a very sentimental place to my family as it was the cave in which i was born in; by tradition, all ancestors of the olo'eyktan are born and having their first living moments in that very cave.

and so having the group see it was almost an attempt of being vulnerable for them to be able to grow closer to me and maybe even understand me better.

as we reached there, i could already tell that they had a sense of appreciation for it, especially from kiri. her face lit up the moment she placed her eyes upon it. loak however was still struggling with his pengee of course.

the cave was glistening with icicles hanging from the top, and ingrown climbing plants by the entrance to it. the whole place brought back memories from childhood and i was filled with excitement to bring up random stories from this cave at any chance i could get.

we stayed here for the majority of the day. our pengees remained outside as we were inside of course. so that the group wouldn't freeze to the death, i had the camp fire set up, same as always, right in the centre of us all.

i had kiri and loak on both of my sides. within just the past two days, i had already grown close to kiri and i sensed that we were only going to get closer to each other. with tuk, it was similar. she was bubbly and always had a smile on her face and so it was easy to like her, however she enjoyed to still with tsireya, just because she already trusted her.

however loak was a bit hard to get to know. he has shut off like an oyster, but that only made me want to get closer and closer to him. so thankfully this was the perfect opportunity to as he was right by me, just where i wanted him.