.prt5

the rest of the night we remained at our little battle ground. aonung and kiri had won, which was surprising as aonung had hardly won our snowball games. seems like kiri was really something then? or maybe it was their connection that made them win.

it was obvious that they had some sort of chemistry, it could be seen in the way they looked at each other. in the way they spoke to each other. even in their body language. it was written all over their faces; words didn't have to tell us otherwise.

they liked each other. very, very clearly liked each other.

so whilst the two of them were giggling together about how much better than the rest of us they are, we were planning different ways to get them closer to each other.

loak and tuk suggested something for them to do, however it could only be done in the forest as the climate here isn't appropriate.

tsireya had also suggested some sort of date idea that is typically used within the ocean, but that also wouldn't have been appropriate as our oceans were frozen over.

and so it was up to me to come up with ideas for them. it was going to be in my village after all. i should have therefore been the one to suggest what they could do.

but all that my mind was filled with was date ideas for loak and i. selfish. would loak like to do this? would he like to do that?

but what else was i meant to do? so i started suggested the stuff i would like to do with loak.

"stargazing for one. we have some gorgeous northern light views that couples typically go to see? or maybe some sort of ice skating? that has always been fun. or even just going up the hills to see the view and rolling down them trying not to die from the impact of hitting ice rocks on the way down!"

with each suggestion i made, i sneaked a glance at loak to see what his reaction would be to these ideas. his eyes had especially lit up to the mention of rolling down the hill. maybe he would like that?

tuk sure didn't like those ideas though. "please say you're joking.. how is anything romantic meant to happen with them here if they're just going to die from the cold!" she announced, making me look like a slight idiot.

thankfully, tsireya took my side and agreed on my behalf that there are many things to be romanticised here.

I always appreciated how close the metkayina clan were to us. it almost seemed like they were the only ones who were able to open their eyes and see the true beauty of our forever icy land.

before being able to suggest any further ideas on how to set the love birds up, they came up to us, sliding on the snow, and both of them landing face first, right in front of us.

we all laughed at the embarrassing sight of their entrance, however still helped them off and wiped the snow off of their surely cold faces.

"seems like the two of you had fun together." loak said to the both of them, then hitting me on the arm, giggling in my direction, as clearly we knew what he meant by it. but as a response, kiri simply stuck her tongue out at him and proceeded to jelly leg aonung before heading back to our shared igloo.

and of course, aonung followed right behind her, like a puppy following its owner. how cute. i couldn't help but sigh hoping that that will be what loak and i would look like at some point. am i getting ahead of myself though? i had practically just met him and i'm already wanting him to fall for me.

oh well, i'm just a teen navi after all. all of us navi have had these sort of thoughts at some point, so nothing should stop me from liking and having these thoughts towards loak. and so i will do anything i can to make him have these thoughts towards me too.