Tres

He bumps it back to me and i bumped it back to him

He bumps it back to me and i bumped it back to him. We go back and forth, over and over and over. Setting, bumping, spiking even. Not one of us slipped up yet.

I really wanna win this. Just because i should and because he shouldn't be able to call me Suzy.

I grunt, shuffling side to side to receive each ball. He was trying just as hard, but why.

"Hey wait! What do you get out of this?" I ask confused.

"Shh! Im trying to focus." He says setting the ball to me and i spike it ah him. But of course he receives it. Why is he so good at this?

I set the ball to him this time and he spikes straight at the ground in front of me. I face palm holding my head.

"Noo!" I shake my head. How could i let him win. Everybody who was watching cheers for him and starts calling out his name. Tristan? Thats his name??

I smile softly. Though i lost, i loved playing. Im glad he tested me to this.

He walks over to me and i wipe the smile off my face so quick.

"I see someones happy?? Like to be called Suzy afterall, huh?"

"Oh, come on." I roll my eyes.

"Hey it was a good game. Dont get me wrong. Your skills are exceptional ." He adds not being able to hide his smile anymore.

"Not too bad yourself, Tristan." I say looking down.

"Oh? Figured out my name already? Wanted you to wonder about me at night." He jokes gazing into my eyes.

"Tough." I say, looking back at him.

"Hey, dont be too angry. There is a way that you could get me to stop calling you Suzy, y'know?"

"Oh?" I raise a brow.

"You jus-" he gets dragged away by his friends, im guessing. Why would he make me go through all of that just to say that to me? I shake my head smiling softly.

🏐..

Finally, it was the end of the day and i could go home. Fucking, finally. My mom would pick me up today because it was my first day. I didnt want to ride that stinky bus ever, but i know im going to have to start.

I walk outside to the front and look for my mom's car. I didnt see her yet, but I saw Louise outside by herself. I thought shed be hanging with her clique.

I jog over to her smiling.
"Hi Louise!" I say excitedly.

"Oh hi, Y/n? Was it?" She replies looking up from her cellphone.

"Yeah, Y/n."

"Sorry. A lot of names to remember." She replies, smiling softly. She was such a pretty girl.

"Its alright. Um-" A horn honks and it was my mom.
"Well, i hope we can become good friends. See you later, Louise." I wave and walk over to the car.