Chapter 4

"So, where are we heading?" I asked as soon as I turned on the engine of my car with Scarlett on the passenger side. Never in my life did I imagine something like this would happen to me like I have the Scarlett Johansson in my passenger seat and that is fucking insane. If I tell this to Zoe she's going to flip out. Speaking of Zoe, I really need to shoot her up a text that I might be going home late tonight. She worries too much every time I'm out with my car since the day she found out about the accident.

Scarlett gives me the address and I was a bit concern of her choice of restaurant because its quite expensive but I'll work it out, its a good thing I have my credit card on me right now. The ride was silent and it was ringing in my ears and I really can't stand it. There is still tension between us so I decided to put on some tunes just to ease up a bit and distract me. She doesn't say a thing and just looks around my car.

"Are you okay? Should I stop the music?" I say making head snap at me at the sudden sound of my voice.

"No, keep it on its good." She smiles before looking around once again. "Your car, its cool." She adds.

"Thanks, she is very pretty." I really appreciate her effort on making small talks just so we can fade the tension away but its too strong for it to just disappear.

"She?" I let out a chuckle as I look at the questionable looks she's giving me. She must be thinking I treat my car as a girl because I like girls and that is not the point.

"Yea, are all cars females? Do you know that?" She shrugs and smiles at me. A genuine smile this time and that made me feel less awkward around her but still there is some tension hovering above us.

"So what's her name?" I smile at the question remembering how I really love her name. It came up to me in a dream after I saw it when I came back here in LA and it really fits her.

"Chase" Her smile grew wider this time before releasing a giggle. So I'm guessing she likes it. " Yea, I'd like to think that she's fast and cool and I think that just fits her." She looked at me again but this time studying my face like she's trying to figure out if I'm being serious or having a laugh. I kept my eyes on the road and think of something or anything to take her attention away from my face because I'm starting to get awkward again.

"Where were you these past few years. Haven't seen you around. It's like you disappeared into thin air." She whispers slowly and I can hear the sad tone lingering in her voice and it makes me wonder, is she and I were like close? But how the fuck did I got to be friends with her? It doesn't make sense to me at all.

"I'm in Dallas and then the pandemic started so I was stuck there for quite some time. I just got back actually December last year because I got a call from my manager about my job at Marvel that I didn't know how I even got it. Do you?" I glanced at her and she is still looking at me with that look on her face so I looked away and just kept my eyes on the road. We're pretty close to the restaurant and I can already feel my guts wrenching inside of my body.

"You really don't remember a single thing?" She asks and I just shake my head in response. "Apart from Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan giving me the same look you had when you saw me.-"

"Right so you've met them?"

"Yea, and I just went with it hoping it would make them feel better. I really don't want to make them feel bad if I told them I couldn't recall a single memory that I've met them before and then it happened again with the cast of Eternals, Shang Chi and Loki. It was starting to become a routine even Dani was quite entertained by it. But yours was the biggest reaction so far so I'm guessing we had a close relationship, I guess. I really have no idea." She sits back on her seat with a huge sigh and I felt heavy on my chest as she does this. I pulled over to the parking lot near the restaurant and turned off the engine before glancing at her. She's still in deep thought. She has her eyes stuck on the front compartment while running her fingers on her lips.