1├𝚂𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚏𝚘𝚘𝚕?

« ⌑⌑⌑ »

𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 never hated Bucky. She didn't take any of his cold nature to heart, it was how he was with everyone. He only seemed open with Steve, and Sam at times got away with his sarcastic comments. His ability to fly was to thank for that.

So, she didn't mind when he would push back or try to shut her down. Truth be told, she couldn't help herself. They both lived in The Avengers Tower so getting away from each other was impossible. Most of their missions were the same. Her scouting and his long-range sniping, along with their shared stealth, made them a good team. Even Bucky could see that.

And yet, when Cadence decided to fall down on the couch next to him for the usual movie nights reserved for the two super soldiers, Bucky frowned. He gave her a quizzical look. She smiled and let her eyes glide past him to Steve.

"What're we up for tonight?"

"We've made it past the horror movies of the 80s..." he mumbled and ran his finger down the page of his notebook reserved for 'must watch' movies. Most of the titles were from her or Sam. "What's the one you wanted me to write down about?"

"Which one?" Cade grinned and leaned somewhat over Bucky to get a look at the title.

She felt the brunet's body freeze completely beneath her weight but had no intention of moving away yet. Her eyes landed on the name next to Steve's finger and a loud laugh left her.

"Oh, we are so watching that! 'The Breakfast Club' is a classic!" She practically shouted and reached for the remote to find the right streaming service.

"You say that about all of 'em," Bucky grumbled, and she smiled over her shoulder.

"Because I'm right."

The way his cheeks reddened didn't go unnoticed by her. A satisfied smirk crept over her features as she sat back on the couch – slightly closer to Bucky than before. Every act of kindness, as small as a smile, made him blush and fold in on himself. She had been confused at first and asked Steve about it, but he said it was a good thing, forced him to get out of his comfort zone. If Bucky didn't like it, he could easily leave, had done it plenty of times before so neither of them worried much.

The two super-soldiers turned their heads towards the entryway and Cade did the same. Her senses were good, but she had no enhancements as they did. Being a second slower had always annoyed her. It was easier when Steve was the only one but then five months ago Bucky came along. He had barely adjusted to life in the tower. Much less the abundance of people around.

The three of them watched Tony saunter into the room with Peter hot on his heels, they had been the ones that the two men could hear. Bucky was first to turn back to the screen, bored perhaps. Cade was aware of how annoying he found Peter at times, the kid was a little energetic. It must be a lot for someone over a hundred years old.

"Oh, are we starting movie night already?" Peter asked as he noticed the three on the couch. Tony was busy grabbing various snacks. He liked them while working, Cade had noticed.

"Yup!" She excitedly said, "we're watching 'The Breakfast Club'."

"Still haven't told me what it's about," Steve mumbled, eyebrows cinched together in that cutely confused fashion that emerged whenever he was relaxed.

"It's a classic," Tony grinned, "you picked it, Birdie?"

"Uh-huh!" She proudly said while Peter curiously walked closer.

"Oh, it's that old movie with the kids!"

"Yeah! Have you seen it, Pete?"

"Can we please just watch the damn movie!" Bucky snapped, eyes still on the screen and looking away from Tony and Peter. His face was drawn in concentration, staring down at his own feet with a taut expression.