6├𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚁𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚢 𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕

« ⌑⌑⌑ »

𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 flirted much more with Bucky after their dinner in London. Even more, than she teasingly did with Steve. The blond man mostly laughed whenever she caught Bucky off-guard with it. He would become flustered, with rosy cheeks and words stuttering. If he was in one of his moods, he would frown and scoff instead. She left him completely alone when that happened. Of course, being with The Avengers, they never had much time off.

Cadence yawned as she sat in the pilot seat of the jet. She had flown lower than they were supposed to, but the view coming in from the Tyrrhenian Sea was one of her favourites. The scanners went crazy at the same time and she felt her anxiety spiking as she investigated what threat FRIDAY had picked up on. Her movements froze. Another report of enhanced people showing up. This time it was closer. Only a few hundred miles south – the direction they were already heading. The signal was coming from the outskirts of Sfax. They could be there in under an hour.

Cadence changed the course and sprung from the seat. With the click of a button, the wall behind her flipped around and revealed her combat suit. It was much more comfortable than the "pretty" one she had been wearing until then. She began pulling it on, running into the cargo bay at the same time and tripping over her own feet on the way. She caught her balance as she made it through the door.

"James? Steve?" She called out into the darkness. A bulky shape in the corner instantly stirred. "James?"

The man sat up on the cot as she turned on one of the smaller lights.

"Y'okay?" He grumbled out – voice deep and coarse from sleep.

"We got something – more enhanced. ETA half an hour. Are you ready to go?" She asked while walking over to the wall with weapons, arming herself as well as she could.

"Yeah," he mumbled and came over next to her.

Bucky watched her for a moment and her body began warming underneath his piercing gaze. She wasn't looking at him, but she didn't have to. Her breathing became unsteady, heart running wild in her chest. She wondered what he might be thinking. What she wouldn't give for a look into his mind. Her crush was hardly still a crush, the longer they spent together the further it formed into something more.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw him moving closer. Closer to her. Her breath was nearly silent as his metal arm reached out towards her own elbow. Cadence couldn't calm down. Being close to him made her feel as if all of the air in the room had been sucked out. His metal fingers gently clasped around her arm, squeezing softly.

"The suit?" He asked in a whisper.

"It's my combat one. More useful," she said with a smile, watching the way his eyebrows moved closer in the cutest way. His blue eyes were carefully watching her. "Lots of pockets," she added, and he nodded approvingly as she lifted out the various hidden compartments.

She wanted to hit herself. Who said things like that? "Lots of pockets" Bucky had seen her plenty of times in the suit. He even had to rip off the left leg of it once after she had gotten a nasty cut and they couldn't get back to the jet in time. He was perceptive enough to know everything about her suit, much like she did his.

"I like it better than the other one," Bucky spoke with furrowed brows. "The other doesn't have any protection."

"Yeah, it's mostly meant to make me look good," she chuckled and cleared the chambers on her guns before putting them in her holsters.

"Oh... oh! I mean, I wasn't trying to say that- it doesn't- this one is good too-"

Cadence giggled as she turned around and put a hand on Bucky's chest, smiling up at him. He stopped stuttering his words and took a deep breath.